Blocking PC when executing Autoit exe's

GEA

Since several months I'm a enthousiastic user of Autoit. But now I've got a problem where I need someone's help.

On several PC's in our office my compiled Autoit scripts (V3.2.0.1) and even the 'autoit-v3.2.0.1-setup.exe' blocks the machine. There is no other way than to switch them off and on again.

Did anyone else experience the same problem ? How can I solve this really embarrassing problem ?

Thank you.

Like I told you even installation of the autoit blocks the PC.

Blocking means: no display, I don't even see that either Installation or Script is running. No possibility to run the task manager. There is no other solution than to reboot the machine.

I don't have 'Blockinput' in the code. The scripts run on all the PC's of a departement except 2. The machines are all the same, with the same OS and accessories.

Basically the scripts are displaying a menu to choose another task.

• 2 weeks later...

We use Symantec anitvirus 10.1.4.4000. There is no message nor log entry in the antivirus client. I even tried to disable antivirus for my machine. The behaviour of the exe's however didn't change.

Assuming that you are running either Win200 or XP you could chech the event viewer to see if there are any clues in there. It could also be a user rights issue if it only occurs over the network.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

The reason I said something about the antivirus is that I have ran into something like this. We run McAfee, and it has a setting that will not allow you to copy a autorun.inf file to a server, or down to a workstation. Drove us nuts until we found it. I suspect there is a setting that is causing your problem. Also, you may want to see if your power setting have the monitors being turned off. If so, disable it, and test. You are describing a issue where the monitor is being turned off. Also check to see what video driver is being used. (Possible to update that?)

There isn't any message in the event log of the antivirus.

Sorry, my description of the problem was difficult to understand.

The monitor is not turning off. There is no display of the runned application. I can't even see the small Autoit bitmap in the right hand corner of the screen, indicating a running Autoit application. So there isn't any problem with the monitor.

• Developers

Think i have seen this before...

Check the SAV setting for "Bl.ock Security Risk" in window " Configure/File System AutoProtect"

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)