Indexing content of numorus files.

Uten

I'm about to index some 500 MB of files (html and txt) and want to create a frontend to do searches in the index. For preview of the results, I figure I will use the _IE UDF and embed IE as the viewer to the data.

I have some experience with swish-e. It will be a simple task to write a frontend it..

But now I'm wondering if anyone of you have experience with other indexing engines/libraries and AutoIt that it would be worth checking out before I get at it. Would it be possible to use the "hated" indexing service in Windows?

Hi,

Sounds good..

Are you indexing by contents!? - would be interesting to see.

If only by date/time, file type, directory, and name, with sorting on columns, and optional icons, there is an indexing by DOS, and display using vbs for speed; "SearchMine.au3" in the zip at "_GuiCtrlListview": in my signature, but just uses listview display, and only for XP

Best, Randall

Hi,

Sounds good..

Are you indexing by contents!? - would be interesting to see.

hmm. Isn't something inside a file referred to as content? You just made me unsure..;)

But, yes I intend to index whats in the file.

Swish-e makes a good first at this. The index is created and I can use it through commandline (or run/runwait).