Filecopy *.exe wont work on win vista

ptt

I just searched and see a UDF _filecopy ........i wonder if it works on windows vista?

I coudnt test cuz i dont hve vista at home.

I used filecopy($src, $dest) on vista but it only copy the text file..........it doesnt copy the exe file.....is there any way around to copy exe file from vista. This vista from a local network which i hve to map up to copy.

I just searched and see a UDF _filecopy ........i wonder if it works on windows vista?

I coudnt test cuz i dont hve vista at home.

I used filecopy($src, $dest) on vista but it only copy the text file..........it doesnt copy the exe file.....is there any way around to copy exe file from vista. This vista from a local network which i hve to map up to copy.

Have you tried running the script with the messed up FileCopy() on a Windows XP system? If not then please try to do that.

Also a second recommendation. Please provide some code we can actually debug, if not the help people provide is as limited as the posts you give us information in.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Yes the script work on xp .......ON vista...it only copy the .txt file ......but it wont copy .exe file . I used filecopy.

here is code

$name = "me"

$domain = "\\mydomain"

$password = "pwd"

;RunAsSet($name, $domain, $password, 2)

;#comments-end

DriveMapAdd("x:", "\\mydomain\mydoc", 8, "xmas\me", $pwd)

;FileCopy("x:\data.txt", @DesktopDir)

filecopy("x:\homework\math.exe", @desktopdir)

Have you tried running the script with the messed up FileCopy() on a Windows XP system? If not then please try to do that.

Also a second recommendation. Please provide some code we can actually debug, if not the help people provide is as limited as the posts you give us information in.

Thanks,

JS

Edited by ptt

yo i just find out it actually copy exe files to desktop but i hve to hit refresh button to see ......otherwise it wont show.

Ah interesting... glad you found that out.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)