Help: String over multiple lines.

jokke

This is kinda basic but i just cant remember it, iwe been serching the help file and forum now for an hour or so, and i could not find it.

Im trying to create a array for my string cause its soon getting upp to 500char+++ and 30 lines or so, and working with it, now it's starting to tick me off since i have to scroll sideways for 2 min every time i need to edit it.

Dim $string[10]

$string[0] = "This is line 1"
    $string[1] = "This is line 2"
    $string[2] = "This is line 3"

Now this is where it gets confusing for me, i need to echo all this text just with use of something like this ConsoleWrite($string)

All help apreciated ;)

Edited by jokke
UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

Meet the line continuation character "_"

$string = 'This is line 1' & @CRLF & _
          'This' & _
          ' is line 2' & @CRLF & _
          'This is line 3'
ConsoleWrite($string & @CRLF)

Now you can have the line to suit your editor width which will be easier for you to manage to type and read.

;)

Edited by MHz

Thanks alot, just what i where looking for ;)

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

• 13 years later...