Places Bar

Hello people,

as you can see, I'm still learning some AutoIT.

But I think it went well, so I tried to create my first real, and usefull program (are users will use it at work)

With the program I made you can modifie the places bar in windows without going true the gpedit

Places bar:

If you have Windows ME/2000/XP/2003, you've probably noticed that in all system applications, the Open dialog box has a new UI element. Along the left side, you have a vertical toolbar with buttons pointing to frequently used folders. This toolbar is called the Places Bar. By default, the Places Bar contains links to History, My Documents, Desktop, My Computer, and My Network Places. You can change these links.

Included you will find a rar file with the compiled version and all the source code I use.

Please feel free to give some comment, because I'm learning from my faults.

Thanks

places_bar.rar

"You cannot solve a problem with the mind that created it" (Albert Einstein)

It needs a little correction:

If I open it at first time and change only one item, it erase all my default items ;)

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator

VW Bug user

Pinheiral (Pinewood) city:

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

You need create a button named "Restore Defaults", that deletes "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\comdlg32\Placesbar" key, then all turns to normal again!

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator

VW Bug user

Pinheiral (Pinewood) city:

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

OK, I will add it this weekend

I've another problem.

In our company the register is blocked standardly.

Now, I can use runas( to open the register with admin accounts.

BUT how can I write directly to the register? Working with runas doesn't work. I need to use the regwrite function.

"You cannot solve a problem with the mind that created it" (Albert Einstein)