ControlSendPlus

randd

I do a lot of ssh and sftp. I make us of the tool putty to do all of my windows-based ssh and sftp. I needed to script some stuff out so I started to whip up a AutoIt script to do what I needed. I kept getting stuck on ContolSend not being able to send the {SHIFTDOWN} properly. After 20 minutes of frustration I remembered an old post I saw that Pekster wrote. So after a bit of searching (damn you Pekster! You changed your sig to CSP - I thought I had remembered you as the author incorrectly until I caught on to your acronym for it :ph34r: ) I found CPS and downloaded it. Now my script works like a champ! Thanks Pekster.

I brought this up in the developer forum, but I'll add this: Any way we can get things like CPS thrown into a special UDF directory in new releases of AutoIt? As I said, it's going to get harder and harder to locate good UDFs as the user-base and forum grow bigger.

Thanks again!

Raoul S. Duke: Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Heh, sorry the name change threw you off. My signature is really only intended for recent updates as everything is always viewable on the webpage that I maintain. Since I haven't done any updates to my ControlSendPlus UDF, I cut the size that it was using from my signature.

I am glad it works well for you. That was excatally the kind of problem it was designed to handle, so you found the right tool for the job :ph34r:

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I've never used VB or AutoItX before, but from what I understand you can intergrate pretty much any feature of AutoIt into other languages that support the dll. However, my UDF is not designed to do anything with {ENTER} keys (unless you've preffaced them with a shift, or alt/ control keystroke with the proper flag.) The only "problem" my function will address is the state modifier keys appearing incorrectally. You can see an example of this when you play with the command prompt and try to ControlSend alt and shift characters.

ControlSend works just fine with the {ENTER} definition, provided you are not using the raw mode flag.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.