AutoIt3 Function Popup

Jos

• Developers

I made a FuncPopUp.exe to enable fast selection of AutoIt3 functions.

After it is setup in Scite you just press Shift+F1 and this popup window appears:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/funcpopup.png

Then select the function you need by a double mouse click or Enter.

The selected function is pasted back into your Script and you can type ( to activate the TooTip...

Now included in the latest Scite4AutoIt3 installer.

EDIT: Updated and pointing now to the Scite4AutoIt3 installer

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

:ph34r: No responses .....

Does that mean that nobody is interested in this Quick access menu for AutoIt3 functions ?

If there's interest i could look at adding functionality like:

- F1 to open the helpfile on the selected function for more info.

- Other things that can speed up coding or your search for function info ?????

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'd say that looks handy, and having the F1 for helpfile builtin would also be handy.

I have yet to use it, just haven't been coding today, but I'm sure I will.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

Added the possibility to hit F1 on any of the selected functions in the PopUp window. It will open the AutoIt helpfile at the selected function.

Download http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/funcpopup.exe to your SciteProgramDirectory\FuncPopUp directory ...

Within Scite: Shift+F1 will activate The Function PopUp window and F1 activates Help.

Enjoy :ph34r:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Added the possibility to hit F1 on any of the selected functions in the PopUp window. It will open the AutoIt helpfile at the selected function.

Download http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/funcpopup.exe to your SciteProgramDirectory\FuncPopUp directory ...

Within Scite: Shift+F1 will activate The Function PopUp window and F1 activates Help.

Enjoy  :ph34r:

Good work, it is very useful.

Thanks

I've been using Crimson Editor but you're making Scite much too good not to switch!

john925

:ph34r: JdeB converted me from TextPad the same way.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

Cool tool...but when you want a function ... say WinWait..type W and the list moves to W but.. the W's are at the bottom of the screen and one has to page up to see the list of W's...can you start the Letter list at the top of the window?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

Cool tool...but when you want a function ... say WinWait..type W and the list moves to W but.. the W's are at the bottom of the screen and one has to page up to see the list of W's...can you start the Letter list at the top of the window?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds usefull so will check it out...

I am working on a new version of FuncPopUp that uses the SciteDirector interface...This means that it can remain started and communicate with Scite in the background. More soon.....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just uploaded a new version of FuncPopUp.

It is a total change of concept.

It is now making use of the Scite Director Interface which makes it possible to leave it running and communicate to Scite in the background.

This is a list of all changes:

• Your desktop in now automatically divided in 2 windows. Left side FuncPopUp and Right side Scite.
  • Enter or Double click a function and to will be pasted to Scite
  • Esc to return to Scite without pasting a function.
  • When FuncPopUp receives the Focus it will Ask Scite for the CurrentWord and position in the Listbox.
  • When character(s) are typed, it will position the selected keyword at the top of the listbox... as jhbell suggested.
  • F1 will toggle the Function help on/off, showing it dynamicly on the right side of the screen. So everytime a new function is selected it updates the helpwindow, which gives you a real fast way of scrolling through the function help.
  • When Help is activated and a function is Pasted to Scite, the Help Window will move to the leftside of the screen and stay open, which enables you to work in Scite and still look athe the selected function's help information.
  • FuncPopUp will close itself when Scite is closed.
  • You can also start FuncPopUp first. It will automatically lauch Scite. In this case it will also close Scite when FuncPopUp is closed.
See here for the draft http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/funcpopup_instructions.htm showing how it will look.

I would like to have you try it out for me and give feedback .....

To install Download http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/funcpopup.exe and http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/functions.htm into the AutoIt3\Scite\FuncPopUp subdirectory and http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/au3.properties into the AutoIt3\Scite directory...

That should do it..... Enjoy :ph34r:

EDIT: Updated file and text....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just uploaded an update with this extra functionality:

When FuncPopUp receives the Focus it will Ask Scite for the CurrentWord and position in the Listbox

See my previous post for the text with all updates

Enjoy :ph34r:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks JdeB.

You are making Scite, a perfect default IDE for Autoit. The new features are great. Keep it going, with the cool changes.

Out of my personal preference, is an option available, to start Scite not maximized? I could not find one to try.

• Developers

Out of my personal preference, is an option available, to start Scite not maximized? I could not find one to try.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FuncPopUp will kind of maximize Scite when use.

To change scite's startup size put these lines in your SciteUser.Properties and change the values to whatever you would want to use:

position.left=0

position.top=0

position.width=800

position.height=600

:ph34r:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Very very nice.

Occasionally -when I close SciTE down it now generates a windows error:

"SciTE has generated errors and will be closed by window .. blah blah"

The FunctionPopUp does not close

Probably my PC .. but I thought I'd let you know.

• Developers

Very very nice.

Occasionally -when I close SciTE down it now generates a windows error:

"SciTE has generated errors and will be closed by window  .. blah blah"

The FunctionPopUp does not close

Probably my PC .. but I thought I'd let you know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It shouldn't do that..... Could you copy this into your SciteUser.properties and when it happens again sent me the generated debug.log ??

command.3.*.au3="$(SciteDefaultHome)\FuncPopUp\FuncPopUp.exe" "-h:$(WindowID)" "-debug"

This will help me to determine why it happens...

By the way, I am working on a version now that will update the Helppage, shown at the left site of the screen , while typing in Scite ... So it dynamicly shows the help for whatever function you are typing .....:ph34r:

Mail me on jdeb at autoitscript dot com when you are interested in doing some beta testing for me and/or what to give input/ideas on the features that should be included...

:(

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.