Filewrite line syntax wrong?

lyledg

About to pull my last two strands of hair out!!

I can't for the life of me see what is wrong with this syntax?

CODE
FileWriteLine($Scriptfile, 'Global $IEProg = '"C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" '')

Keeps on saying I have the wrong amount of arguments. Basically I want the IE path to br written into the registry, and need quotation marks around the line?

Help......please? :P

Thanks Gary, Valuater!!

One last question, what is wrong here...I think I need to go home and sleep.... :P

FileWriteLine($Scriptfile, 'Global $IEProg = "C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" ')
FileWriteLine($Scriptfile, 'Regwrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Runonce", "RunMOTD", "REG_SZ", '$IEProg & $MOTD ')')

I seem to be having issues with the quotes when I write the path (C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE) into the registry. I need to enclose this path with quotes

Edited by lyledg

Hi Gary

Yes, I am trying to write to the registry to launch IE from the runonce key....But when I write the path into the regsitry using your method mentioned earlier of the usage of quotes, it does not enclose it

Basically, I want to add "C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" into the registry, but I think when it writes to the GUIrunonce key, it strips the quotes off

not sure what you have the Filewrite in there for

Regwrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Runonce", "RunMOTD", "REG_SZ", $IEProg & ' ' & $MOTD)

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

FileWriteLine($Scriptfile, 'Regwrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Runonce", "RunMOTD", "REG_SZ", "' & $IEProg & " " & $MOTD & '")')

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.