System info - installed software

Gyzmok

Hi all,

I want to retrieve the names (and other info) of all the software applications installed on our machines.

There is an utility (free for personal use only) that does a great job in retrieving this

information : Belarc advisor

extract of the "installed software" result from "Belarc advisor" (converted the result.html into .txt) :

Altova - XMLSpy Version 8, 0, 0, 0 *

Anwendung MapExportTNG Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *

AutoIt Team - AU3Info Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoIt Team - Aut2Exe Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoIt Team - Exe2Aut Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoIt v3 Compiled Script Version 3.0.102.0 *

AutoIt v3 Script Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoItV2toV3 Version 1, 0, 6, 0 *

Axialis IconWorkshop Version 6, 0, 0, 0 *

I would like to get (more or less) the same result with an autoit-script.

I have tryed with this code :

(post from "Firestorm")

$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\cimv2")
$progs = $objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_Product")
For $object In $progs
    $caption = String($object.Caption)
    $description = String($object.Description)
    $name = String($object.Name)
    $proginfo = String($object.Version)
    MsgBox(0,"progs",$caption&"  "&$description&"  "&$name&"   "&$proginfo)
Next
oÝ÷ Ù©ÝjZÞiÜzÛ^®Øb±Êz,µú諨´ãÚ¶¸¨¶«¨µ«­¢+Ø)¥´ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ)}
½µÁÕÑÉÑM½ÑÝÉ ÀÌØíM½ÑÝɤ)%ÉɽÈQ¡¸($ÀÌØíÉɽÈôÉɽÈ($ÀÌØíáѹôáѹ(%MÝ¥Ñ ÀÌØíáѹ($%
ÍÄ($$%}ÉɽÉ5Í ÅÕ½ÐíÉÉ佹ѥ¹Ì¹¼Ñ¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤(%¹MÝ¥Ñ )¹%()½ÈÀÌØí¤ôÄQ¼ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÁulÁtMÑÀÄ($í¥9µ¥±¥ÌµÁÑäôÐìÉÁ±¥ÐäÑ¡ÑáÐ¥¸Ñ¡­ä(%¥ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÁtôÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½ÐìQ¡¸($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÁtôÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÑt(%¹%(%5Í  ½à À°ÅÕ½Ðí}
½µÁÕÑÉÑM½ÑÝÉÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí9µèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÁtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíYÉÍ¥½¸èÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÅtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíAÕ±¥Í¡ÈèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÉtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíU¹¥¹Íѱ°AÑ èÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÍtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíQÍÐèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÑt¤)9áÐ($$($$)Õ¹}
½µÁÕÑÉÑM½ÑÝÉ¡   åIÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹¼¤(%1½°
½¹ÍÐÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-ä$ôÅÕ½Ðí!-e}1=
1}5
!%9ÀäÈíM=Q]IÀäÈí5¥É½Í½ÐÀäÈí]¥¹½ÝÌÀäÈí
ÕÉɹÑYÉÍ¥½¸ÀäÈíU¹¥¹Íѱ°ÅÕ½Ðì(%1½°ÀÌØí¤ôÄ(%¥´ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÅulÕt($(%]¡¥±Ä($$ÀÌØíÁÁ-ä$ôI¹Õµ-ä ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-ä°ÀÌØí¤¤($%%ÉɽȱÐìÐìÀQ¡¸á¥Ñ1½½À($%I¥´ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½mU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹¼¤¬ÅulÕt($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÁt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡MÑÉ¥¹IÁ±¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½Ðí¥ÍÁ±å9µÅÕ½Ð줰ÅÕ½Ðì¡Éµ½Ù½¹±ä¤ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÅt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½Ðí¥ÍÁ±åYÉÍ¥½¸ÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÉt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½ÐíAÕ±¥Í¡ÈÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÍt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½ÐíU¹¥¹Íѱ±MÑÉ¥¹ÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÑt$ôÀÌØíÁÁ-ä($$ÀÌØí¤¬ôÄ(%]¹($($ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÁulÁtôU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹¼°Ä¤´Ä(%%ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÁulÁt±ÐìÄQ¡¸($%MÑÉÉ½È Ä°Ä°À¤(%¹%)¹Õ¹()Õ¹}ÉɽÉ5Í ÀÌØíµÍÍ°ÀÌØíÑ¥µôÀ¤(%5Í    ½à Ðà¬ÈØÈÄÐаÅÕ½ÐíÉɽÈÌÌìÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíµÍÍ°ÀÌØíÑ¥µ¤)¹Õ¹(

But both results are not even close to the "Belarc" result. (in terms of the amount of installed software it can find)

Any suggestions on how to get all(or most) of the installed software info with an autoit-script (without using the belarc...) ?

Edited by Gyzmok
D2charkeeper = No more 'expired characters' in D2.File Date Changer = Change the file date(s), attributes and the filename case of multiple files @ once.Updater_full = Copy/Update your autoitscripts, pictures, .mp3, .avi etc ... subdirs from your PC to your memory stick or to your external harddisk. Now with scheduling and logging.Questmapper

Hi all,

I want to retrieve the names (and other info) of all the software applications installed on our machines.

There is an utility (free for personal use only) that does a great job in retrieving this

information : Belarc advisor

extract of the "installed software" result from "Belarc advisor" (converted the result.html into .txt) :

Altova - XMLSpy Version 8, 0, 0, 0 *

Anwendung MapExportTNG Version 1, 0, 0, 1 *

AutoIt Team - AU3Info Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoIt Team - Aut2Exe Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoIt Team - Exe2Aut Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoIt v3 Compiled Script Version 3.0.102.0 *

AutoIt v3 Script Version 3, 2, 1, 14 *

AutoItV2toV3 Version 1, 0, 6, 0 *

Axialis IconWorkshop Version 6, 0, 0, 0 *

I would like to get (more or less) the same result with an autoit-script.

I have tryed with this code :

(post from "Firestorm")

$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\.\root\cimv2")
$progs = $objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_Product")
For $object In $progs
    $caption = String($object.Caption)
    $description = String($object.Description)
    $name = String($object.Name)
    $proginfo = String($object.Version)
    MsgBox(0,"progs",$caption&"  "&$description&"  "&$name&"   "&$proginfo)
Next
oÝ÷ Ù©ÝjZÞiÜzÛ^®Øb±Êz,µú諨´ãÚ¶¸¨¶«¨µ«­¢+Ø)¥´ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ)}
½µÁÕÑÉÑM½ÑÝÉ ÀÌØíM½ÑÝɤ)%ÉɽÈQ¡¸($ÀÌØíÉɽÈôÉɽÈ($ÀÌØíáѹôáѹ(%MÝ¥Ñ ÀÌØíáѹ($%
ÍÄ($$%}ÉɽÉ5Í ÅÕ½ÐíÉÉ佹ѥ¹Ì¹¼Ñ¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤(%¹MÝ¥Ñ )¹%()½ÈÀÌØí¤ôÄQ¼ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÁulÁtMÑÀÄ($í¥9µ¥±¥ÌµÁÑäôÐìÉÁ±¥ÐäÑ¡ÑáÐ¥¸Ñ¡­ä(%¥ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÁtôÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½ÐìQ¡¸($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÁtôÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÑt(%¹%(%5Í  ½à À°ÅÕ½Ðí}
½µÁÕÑÉÑM½ÑÝÉÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí9µèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÁtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíYÉÍ¥½¸èÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÅtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíAÕ±¥Í¡ÈèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÉtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíU¹¥¹Íѱ°AÑ èÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÍtµÀì
I1µÀì|($$$ÅÕ½ÐíQÍÐèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉlÀÌØí¥ulÑt¤)9áÐ($$($$)Õ¹}
½µÁÕÑÉÑM½ÑÝÉ¡   åIÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹¼¤(%1½°
½¹ÍÐÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-ä$ôÅÕ½Ðí!-e}1=
1}5
!%9ÀäÈíM=Q]IÀäÈí5¥É½Í½ÐÀäÈí]¥¹½ÝÌÀäÈí
ÕÉɹÑYÉÍ¥½¸ÀäÈíU¹¥¹Íѱ°ÅÕ½Ðì(%1½°ÀÌØí¤ôÄ(%¥´ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÅulÕt($(%]¡¥±Ä($$ÀÌØíÁÁ-ä$ôI¹Õµ-ä ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-ä°ÀÌØí¤¤($%%ÉɽȱÐìÐìÀQ¡¸á¥Ñ1½½À($%I¥´ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½mU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹¼¤¬ÅulÕt($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÁt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡MÑÉ¥¹IÁ±¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½Ðí¥ÍÁ±å9µÅÕ½Ð줰ÅÕ½Ðì¡Éµ½Ù½¹±ä¤ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÅt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½Ðí¥ÍÁ±åYÉÍ¥½¸ÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÉt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½ÐíAÕ±¥Í¡ÈÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÍt$ôMÑÉ¥¹MÑÉ¥Á]L¡II ÀÌØíU¹%¹ÍÑ-äµÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÁÁ-ä°ÅÕ½ÐíU¹¥¹Íѱ±MÑÉ¥¹ÅÕ½Ð줰̤($$ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÀÌØí¥ulÑt$ôÀÌØíÁÁ-ä($$ÀÌØí¤¬ôÄ(%]¹($($ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÁulÁtôU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹¼°Ä¤´Ä(%%ÀÌØíM½ÑÝÉ%¹½lÁulÁt±ÐìÄQ¡¸($%MÑÉÉ½È Ä°Ä°À¤(%¹%)¹Õ¹()Õ¹}ÉɽÉ5Í ÀÌØíµÍÍ°ÀÌØíÑ¥µôÀ¤(%5Í    ½à Ðà¬ÈØÈÄÐаÅÕ½ÐíÉɽÈÌÌìÅÕ½Ðì°ÀÌØíµÍÍ°ÀÌØíÑ¥µ¤)¹Õ¹(

But both results are not even close to the "Belarc" result. (in terms of the amount of installed software it can find)

Any suggestions on how to get all(or most) of the installed software info with an autoit-script (without using the belarc...) ?

There are UDF's for this in the Example script section of the forum.

Look for CompInfo.au3

There are examples provided with it.

regards

ptrex

Tnx ptrex,

But in the second autoit code in my post (post from "JSThePatriot"),

the function "_ComputerGetSoftware" is extracted from "CompInfo.au3" (and changed by me just a little bit)

CompInfo treat

Yes, "CompInfo.au3" does a great job and most of the functions in there are done with WMI scripting,

except the "_ComputerGetSoftware" function. (uses the registry)

The problem is : even thou _ComputerGetSoftware does a great job,

how is it possible that the "Belarc" tool finds even more installed software on a machine.

How do they do it ?

Can it be done with an autoit script too ?

Edited by Gyzmok
D2charkeeper = No more 'expired characters' in D2.File Date Changer = Change the file date(s), attributes and the filename case of multiple files @ once.Updater_full = Copy/Update your autoitscripts, pictures, .mp3, .avi etc ... subdirs from your PC to your memory stick or to your external harddisk. Now with scheduling and logging.Questmapper

Reading the reg keys gives you the same as if you would go to control panel and press add/remove software.

If they find more software installed, they probably read the folder C:\Program Files\.

And everything listed in there.

There are function in AU3 to list content of folders and subfolders.

is that what you need ?

Regards

ptrex

@ptrex

It seems from Gyzmok's post from Belarc is going through the @ProgramFilesDir, and searching for all .exe's. When AutoIt is installed the list doesn't contain the 6 items listed, it normally would only have one entry.

• AutoIt Team - AU3Info Version 3, 2, 1, 14
  • AutoIt Team - Aut2Exe Version 3, 2, 1, 14
  • AutoIt Team - Exe2Aut Version 3, 2, 1, 14
  • AutoIt v3 Compiled Script Version 3.0.102.0
  • AutoIt v3 Script Version 3, 2, 1, 14
  • AutoItV2toV3 Version 1, 0, 6, 0
@Gyzmok

Follow my example above, and search through the entire @ProgramFilesDir to find all executable files. That will be the list they have. (Or atleast it seems). You will need to use some UDF's to obtain file version information.

BTW, thanks for using my Library.

I hope this helps,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

@ptrex and JSThePatriot

you both gave me a nice idea : going through the @ProgramFilesDir and look for the executables.

But this would produce a long list with lots of .exe's that are only small utility programs, used by their main application

and I don't see all of those in the "Belarc" list. (they must have "filtered" it somehow)

Thanks a lot for the responses

and I should thank you JS for that nice CompInfo.au3

@ptrex and JSThePatriot

you both gave me a nice idea : going through the @ProgramFilesDir and look for the executables.

But this would produce a long list with lots of .exe's that are only small utility programs, used by their main application

and I don't see all of those in the "Belarc" list. (they must have "filtered" it somehow)

Thanks a lot for the responses

and I should thank you JS for that nice CompInfo.au3

In your sample list it has all the "helper" exe's that are installed with AutoIt, but I haven't ever used Belarc, so I am sure they have filtered it some how. Maybe just grab the exe's in the main directory not sub directories, or something similar. Utilities are normally in sub directories.

You are more than welcome for the responses,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)