SciTE4AutoIt3 Compile doesn' t work correctly anymore

ptrex

@JdeB

Since months the COMPILE with RESOURCE HACKER doesn't work anymore on my machine.

Nevertheless the same SciTE4AutoIt3 version on an other machine works fine.

The error I am getting is :

! RC.Exe (1) : Error : Resources information will not be updated in target program!

Now when I compare the files in C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\

I see that in my machine where it doesn't work there are 2 files extra called :

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\Rc.exe

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\Rcdll.dll

On the other machine they are not there. But when removed it still does not work ?

The other files in there are :

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.ini.example

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\AutoIt3Wrapper\Directives.au3

I have already removed the whole dir and reinstalled the SciTE4AutoIt3, but no success.

Any tips are highly appreciated.

Regards,

ptrex

@JdeB

Any news on this one ?

I checked again on an other PC where SciTE is installed and I don' t find any RC.EXE there ?

Why is this needed and how can I configure my machine not to use RC.EXE when compiling with ResHacker,

to update the version info.

I am puzzled at the moment that one machine works fine without it ? Or at least I can't find the RC.EXE anywhere.

Thanks

ptrex

• Developers

@JdeB

Any news on this one ?

I checked again on an other PC where SciTE is installed and I don' t find any RC.EXE there ?

Why is this needed and how can I configure my machine not to use RC.EXE when compiling with ResHacker,

to update the version info.

I am puzzled at the moment that one machine works fine without it ? Or at least I can't find the RC.EXE anywhere.

Thanks

ptrex

This is how it works:

AutoiT3Wrapper creates a Text resource file which needs to be compiled by RC.exe.

The generated output file is used by Reshacker to update the resource information of a copy of AutoitSC.bin which is then used by AUT2EXE to create your exe.

AutoIt3Wrapper will FileInstall RC.exe and RCdll.dll to the @tempdir, then change the current directory to @tempdir and run RC.exe.

The LOG output of this RC run is dumped in @TempDir & '\rc.log'. In your case it says "rc.exe is not recognized as an internal of external command" which means to me that the RC.exe file is not available in your @tempdir or the FileChangeDir(@TempDir) failed.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Had the same problem. I looked up the @tempdir\rc.log (in my case c:\windows\temp\rc.log) and found the error message "temp.RC (2): error RC2104 : undefined keyword or key name: v"... What did I do wrong? I used "V0.8.9.7" as version-number and this is an invalid input. When i just use '0.8.9.7', the update with Resource Hacker works fine. Check the rc.log and see, if you also use invalid input.

This post will be edited again by Polyphem: Tomorrow, 11:55 AM

• Developers

Had the same problem. I looked up the @tempdir\rc.log (in my case c:\windows\temp\rc.log) and found the error message "temp.RC (2): error RC2104 : undefined keyword or key name: v"... What did I do wrong? I used "V0.8.9.7" as version-number and this is an invalid input. When i just use '0.8.9.7', the update with Resource Hacker works fine. Check the rc.log and see, if you also use invalid input.

He has a different problem,... for some reason, I don't understand yet, RC.exe is not found and when copied and ran manually in the @TEMPDIR, it gives a different error then you descibe.

I have made a change to AutoItwrapper to convert any none numeric value in the Version field to 0 to avoid the problem you described. It will display an error in the output pane about it.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@JdeB

Your last AutoITWrapper did the job !! :P

Everything works fine again now.

For the interest of the others :

The reason why it didn't work on my PC is that I had changed my default path in the CMD via the registry.

Normally it is set by default to open at c:\%USERPROFILE%.

But I had changed it to op at C:\

This resulted in a not working AutoITWrapper, in order to update the Versions Info via RESHACKER.

Now JdeB has solved it in a new version of the Wrapper.

Nice job after half a year of not being able to update anymore, this is a nice Christmas present for me.

Thanks again.

And see you all around.

regards

ptrex