How can I "Kill" a GUICtrlCreateObj()?

AzKay

I have a:

$ShellExplorer2 = ObjCreate("shell.explorer.2")

With a

GUICtrlCreateObj($ShellExplorer2, ...) ;; Not exact params. Lol.

Anyway, My next thing is something like

$ShellExplorer2.Navigate("javachat")

How would I "Kill" the whole thing without having to end my script? So that, there is not more object there atall, no chat, nothing. It would just be the blank GUI.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

I have a:

$ShellExplorer2 = ObjCreate("shell.explorer.2")

With a

GUICtrlCreateObj($ShellExplorer2, ...) ;; Not exact params. Lol.

Anyway, My next thing is something like

$ShellExplorer2.Navigate("javachat")

How would I "Kill" the whole thing without having to end my script? So that, there is not more object there atall, no chat, nothing. It would just be the blank GUI.

If you did somethingh like

$ShellExplorer2 = ObjCreate("")

then maybe this would be a way of destroying the Object. It might be bad so don't trust me. You would then have to check that the value of $ShellExplorer2 was not 0 before you tried to execute any more functions with it, and you would have to clear the area that had been drawn yourself.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Object variables behave a bit different than other types of AutoIt variables. An Object is not a real value, but a 'pointer' to something outside the script. So you can't perform arithmetic's, nor equations on Object variables. When you assign an Object variable a different value, the 'pointer' will automatically be released. You can, for instance, force deletion of an Object by assigning it any number or any text value.

$oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")  ; Object is created
$oHTTP=0                                          ; Object is deleted

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

try

If IsObj($ChatObj) Then $ChatObj.quit ()

8)

Same error

C:\Documents and Settings\Asus\Desktop\ROToolbox\ROToolbox.au3 (167) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

If IsObj($ChatObj) Then $ChatObj.quit ()

If IsObj($ChatObj) Then $ChatObj.quit ()^ ERROR

I just looked at Shell.Explorer.2 in the OLE/COM Object Viewer. And, Theres no quit, or any function close to it available for Shell.Explorer.2

I just looked at Shell.Explorer.2 in the OLE/COM Object Viewer. And, Theres no quit, or any function close to it available for Shell.Explorer.2

Did you try my suggestion (a few posts ago)?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Didnt work.

By didn't work do you mean you got errors? or do you mean something else?