malu05

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will you continue it ?

I have received a lot of mail about this project since i removed the source-code from the forums here.

The project itself was never completely finished, or at least finished the way i had in mind.

After discovering the compatibility issues with my code contra people who use normal (not wide screen) monitors, i did spend less time on developing the code since the idea for the project was to show how to do it. 2 weeks after i removed the code from the forums i completely stopped developing on this project.

The Thermo Binary project as it is will not be continued. However this does not mean that the method doesn't work. The bot was very accurate and could be used for many tasks, the only negative thing was "my" code and the fact that it was based on a wide screen monitor.

However, a little month ago i did some research on memory reading, and got really exited about it.

I thought about taking the Thermo up again in a new memory reading version, however this would require much more effort in terms of keeping it up-to-date as every time Blizzard patches the wow.exe you would have to write down the new memory locations.

But the good thing is that you are no longer limited to the information you can receive from the LUA Addon programming.

The bot would become 100% accurate. and would also make sure that everyone would be able to run it.

So... what is my plans?

Well the Thermo structure was just fine.

-One button to save the current location to a XML database.

-One button to run the bot from waypoint 1 to end.

-Some few functions to jump over obstacles and ignore bad waypoints or banned areas (such as lava, elite mob areas etc..)

The rest would be up to the people who want to modify and use it.

I will remake the code and add a memory reading function to get the position, rotation etc etc.. data.

And this time i will spend a little more time documenting the code since i was initially spammed down when i released the Thermo Binary code with questions about how stuff did work.

The only thing keeping me back is the lack of time due to heavy workloads at school.

But ill promise to have something ready for just after the easter holiday.

[center][u]WoW Machinima Tool[/u] (Tool for Machinima Artists) [/center]

• 3 weeks later...

!!!

The first conseptversion of my new memory-reading bot Thermo Prime is ready.

I am currently looking for people who are willing to test it out and give some feedback so i can see if the memory locations are correct all around, and check for stability issues.

Please Contact me for more information.

The new bot is based of the Thermo Binary code but fully re-written for better preformence and overall better userexpirence.

For thoes who tested Thermo Binary you will notice a nice new feature "New Profile" (on the image below)... so now you don't need to use preformated XML files, you can just click New Profile and then select a name for it, then the App will format the XML file for your needs.

The POINT ZERO is also removed in this new version. So the XML profile is only with your saved data and no predefined.

Another new feature is that if you have't saved any waypoints you don't need to hit F3 before Running the bot (F2).

This is because the program loads the XML file when clicking Select Profile enstead of doing it while ingame.

Posted Image

The program offcause (since its memory reading) supports any resolution and you can place the game window anywhere you want... you can even minimize it.

Edited by malu05

lol

malu05, please ignore the idiot above me.

I don't recall off the top of my head nor do I currently have access at this computer to check but it would be very nice to see you post this at www.edgeofnowhere.cc. I think you will find excellent support for your work there. I am an administrator on the site and would be happy to give your work top billing, so to speak.

This seems similar to how WoW Glider functions. Is that correct?

Edited by Snarg

A little reading goes a long way. Post count means nothing.

malu05, please ignore the idiot above me.

I don't recall off the top of my head nor do I currently have access at this computer to check but it would be very nice to see you post this at www.edgeofnowhere.cc. I think you will find excellent support for your work there. I am an administrator on the site and would be happy to give your work top billing, so to speak.

This seems similar to how WoW Glider functions. Is that correct?

Yes...

- You select a profile or make a new one...

- You go somewhere and press F4, then that location is saved in the prrofile.

- Do this untill you have your own little path to run.

- Now press F2 and the bot run through the waypoints in the profile.

- If the bot get stuck it will try to jump over the obsteacle or if that fails go back to the last waypoint and try again.. if that fails again the waypoint will be blacklisted and the bot will try to go to the next-next waypoint.

All the rest that Glider can do is just a matter coding....

now im not going to post this anywhere else but you are welcome to re-post or link it anywhere... or.. "nowhere" :shocked: hehe

If you released this bot to the public, wouldn't blizzard start a banning spree on it?

BTW, I'm intrested in trying it out a little :shocked:

EDIT: BTW, great work! it's just amazing what you made the bot do, I'm really impressed!

Edited by WhOOt

I have a similar question to WhOOt. Was there not a huge discussion when you brought out the last version of the travle bot about getting banned? But you were not getting banned with the previous version because it did not read from or write to (I can't recall which) memory. Does this new version not read from memory locations? "so i can see if the memory locations are correct all around" I am just curious. I would love to try it too. But I don't really want to lose my account over it. :shocked:

Edited by Wolffe

now im not going to post this anywhere else but you are welcome to re-post or link it anywhere... or.. "nowhere" :graduated: hehe

Thank you sir. I'll post it up later on.

Are you planning on releasing the source at any time in the future?

A little reading goes a long way. Post count means nothing.

I have a similar question to WhOOt. Was there not a huge discussion when you brought out the last version of the travle bot about getting banned? But you were not getting banned with the previous version because it did not read from or write to (I can't recall which) memory. Does this new version not read from memory locations? "so i can see if the memory locations are correct all around" I am just curious. I would love to try it too. But I don't really want to lose my account over it. :shocked:

Just a comment on your read/write Blizzard may not want you reading whats in some memory spots that they're using, however Warden will not flag you as hacking nor will Blizz start watching you just because you read what was in a memloc. And from my understanding of the last bot, he's using Mem to get the position instead of those little dots and an addon. But he's still using basic key commands as opposed to editing the memory to move. Because editing the values in the memloc for position won't cause your char to move anyhow.

As for banning if it becomes public, it all depends on how the bot works its magic. From what I can tell, the only way you'll get flagged for this is if someone sees you using it and your freaking out like accidentally stuck in a corner running. Just being public and largely used isn't enough. I've had a fishbot I wrote a while back up on a few big WoW sites and people still use to this day w/o being banned.

Read his first post for an explanation on how he does it, but basically, the colors represent 0's or 1's.

That's true, but now he's not using those blocks of binary color anymore - although it was very intuitive, he's now reading the location/heading information directly from WoW's memory.

The tiniest of things can ruin your day, or brighten your afternoon. Read it once, read it again, and pay attention. Then search the forums. If all else fails, ask somebody else.

If you released this bot to the public, wouldn't blizzard start a banning spree on it?

BTW, I'm intrested in trying it out a little :shocked:

EDIT: BTW, great work! it's just amazing what you made the bot do, I'm really impressed!

... check next reply for answer for the first part

And send me a PM with Client edition (US, UK, Ger, Fr etc..) and a contact Emai(not autoIT) and ill send you the test client Monday.

I have a similar question to WhOOt. Was there not a huge discussion when you brought out the last version of the travle bot about getting banned? But you were not getting banned with the previous version because it did not read from or write to (I can't recall which) memory. Does this new version not read from memory locations? "so i can see if the memory locations are correct all around" I am just curious. I would love to try it too. But I don't really want to lose my account over it. :(

For my experience both as a former top member of the Ex-Exploration team Nogg-Aholic and now as programmer i must say Blizzards detection is weak.

Unless you use some very common hack or are spotted by someone else while botting and reported the chance of getting banned is limited.

I however know how to protect the EXE file from Warden simply by a dll injection on a common process.

But as im going to release both the main code for the bot and a Function Libary with all the memory reading functions so people can brew their own bot code.

If my code turn out good ill offcause add some features to make it more secure.

That's true, but now he's not using those blocks of binary color anymore - although it was very intuitive, he's now reading the location/heading information directly from WoW's memory.

^^ Yup.

Webjocky is also on-board as support developer on this project, when he is fully introduced to the code he will be able to answer questions about the project etc.

For a quick update on the Bot, im currently trying to decode parts of the packets send from the Server to the Game Client.

Currently i have found out how to see other players around you, and also hunter pets.

The position data is still a bit cryptic but i hope i am able to get the first Mob/NPC position code ready in the beginning of next weekend. This along with the info, suggestions and bugs from the testers will possibly end up in a candidate release some time next week, but its still a bit early to say.

More Updates, Comming Soon.

For my experience both as a former top member of the Ex-Exploration team Nogg-Aholic

That would explain the decent BE starting zone unless you were using some sandboxes from Alpha.

Other little comment is about using packets to find people/mobs. Aren't all those also stored in memory? Well at least the ones Blizz lets you see, because I know you can't track anybody who's stealthed until they are actually close enough to see -.-

That would explain the decent BE starting zone unless you were using some sandboxes from Alpha.

Other little comment is about using packets to find people/mobs. Aren't all those also stored in memory? Well at least the ones Blizz lets you see, because I know you can't track anybody who's stealthed until they are actually close enough to see -.-

^^ Never used EMU and never will do....

Yes, it is all in the memory, i have also been able to get the position, name, level and type of NPC's and mob's out from the memory (without pointers yet however :( ) but... for starters the WOW.EXE changes with every patch, but the netcode doesn't, so if i make my code doing everything based on the netcode i'll be saving a lot of time for future updates etc. The netcode also have all the information (almost) i need so its much easier if i manage to decode it to keep myself "up to date".

As said earlier, i have just recently (some days ago) started out looking in this kind of data to see if its anything i can use.

We'll see what proves to be best for this project. :shocked:

Edited by malu05