AutoIt using other DLLs???

I'm glad. Once AutoIt is doing DLLs and ActiveX it will be " supreme king of the hill" in my book. The way AutoIt combines usefulness, simplicity, & logic makes it tops as a developing program language.

Huh... I know you are very busy, so forgive me for asking, but is there a time frame??? I'm not pushing and whenever it is implemented, I will love it. I'm just curious, love the program, and want to "mark" my calender.

Edited by autoitNOW
An ADVOCATE for AutoIT

W00h00... Dll's dll's... now what can dll's do?

No, actually, looking forward to this... there is a mIRC dll that tells you how much bandwidth your using, plus the infamous moo.dll for system info... it'd be pretty sweet to make a monitoring app in autoit. :ph34r:

Sitting comfortably behind the code.

Things get done mostly for 3 reasons:

1) Multiple people whine and bitch until it's done (The decompiler, mostly).

2) One of the developers, or a new developer needs the functionality and writes/submits it (The most popular method for getting something done....).

3) One of the developers decides to stop being lazy (Yeah, right.).

Edit: Note that in most cases, in order to fullfil #2, #3 must also be fullfilled.

Edited by Valik

An alternate to point 3, A developer finds he/she has enough time to actually do something, other than work.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

I have a question... Forgive if it is stupid...

What exatly will happen when the great Jon will had this func to Autoit?

People will can create .dlls and putting them in the script folder will can use new func?

So we'll maybe see some Hex editing/reading related .dll, memory reading/writing .dll and such?

There is some documentation for running certain DLL's (and control panel items) by using RUNDLL32.EXE at the Dx21 RunDLL32 Reference site.

I don't know there's a utility that can tell you what commands are available in a DLL or what paramaters it will need, but someone with a little more programming experience might be able to extend this further to more standard Windows API's and the DLL's they use.

Jerry