Updated Scite4AutoIt3 Installset

Jos

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's been said before I'm sure but this package is AWESOME.

I just recently started with autoIt, tried a couple editors including scite but ended up using crimson. I wrote a crap load of code and wished to high heaven that I had a better editor.

I peek in here today and BAM.... this is more than I even wanted. THANK YOU.

Your efforts in putting this together are a huge plus to any growth the AutoIt userbase gets. I would suggest putting mention of this in a more obvious place. I know as a new user I would have loved starting out with this baby.

• Administrators

Your efforts in putting this together are a huge plus to any growth the AutoIt userbase gets. I would suggest putting mention of this in a more obvious place. I know as a new user I would have loved starting out with this baby.

It will be available on the main autoit download pages eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developers

When will you update the installset?

y'know with Tidy and the function popup...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It currently has tidy version 1.0.18 and the first FuncPopUp version in it.

I have uploaded Tidy 1.0.19 seperately which only has a minor bug fix, in case a string isn't terminated properly on a line ending.

The FuncPopUp is currently in development and gets regular updates, and updating the installset for that won't make Jon happy, since that would use far too much bandwidth for each update.

Not sure yet when the FuncPopUp will be completed since its a kind of learning experience for me and also depends on the feedback/wishes of others...

:ph34r:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

JdeB,

Is an option available to modify the au3 template settings?

I would like to add/remove certain AutoItSetOption's etc.

Request: File associations be added for Scite installer to include bat, cmd, ini & lua. Maybe optional incase some do not agree.

• Developers

JdeB,

Is an option available to modify the au3 template settings?

I would like to add/remove certain AutoItSetOption's etc.

Request: File associations be added for Scite installer to include bat, cmd, ini & lua. Maybe optional incase some do not agree.

Thanks  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Template is part of the AutoIt3 installer and is located in "c:\windows\new\shellnew" . just copy it to your "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURID\Templates" and modify it... that should do it...

The file associate question: the file extentions you mention are supported currently. Or would you like to change it that you can do a right-mouse-click + Edit on then and start Scite ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Right-click edit file association would be marvellous to add to Scite. It does it with au3 files. Using the default notepad for other files seems like a step backward now.

The work you put into Scite is terrific.

Thanks. :ph34r:

• Developers

Right-click edit file association would be marvellous to add to Scite. It does it with au3 files. Using the default notepad for other files seems like a step backward now.

The work you put into Scite is terrific.

Thanks.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't think we should do that generically for everybody since this installer is focused on AutoIt3 and others may not want this for these extensions.

It's quit easy to at them for yourself....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Look in Tools - Run AutoScriptWriter.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Still FuncPopup not closing with Scite.

But Dr Watson annoying though. Had to reformat, after an upgrade with SP2, then the Dr. would act like a virus with a right click. Now have slipstreamed SP2 now, the Dr. still once and awhile, does a visit. Scite is listed in his 10 only logs.

Maybe MS added more bugs with SP2. Or Scite cannot mix with it?

Errors in logs, maybe useful?

ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\SciTE.exe

ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll -

function: ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet

ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\SciTE.exe

function: <nosymbols>

WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.

SP2 Woes?

Maybe Scite needs refining? dun't know.

Still like Scite though. :ph34r:

• Developers

Still FuncPopup not closing with Scite.

But Dr Watson annoying though. Had to reformat, after an upgrade with SP2, then the Dr. would act like a virus with a right click. Now have slipstreamed SP2 now, the Dr. still once and awhile, does a visit. Scite is listed in his 10 only logs.

Maybe MS added more bugs with SP2. Or Scite cannot mix with it?

Errors in logs, maybe useful?

ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll -

function: ntdll!KiFastSystemCallRet

function: <nosymbols>

WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.

SP2 Woes?

Maybe Scite needs refining? dun't know.

Still like Scite though.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anybody else seen this ?

I am only aware that Scite every now and then will Crash with an Xc00005 error when you close Scite while FuncPopUp is open. I posted a bug report at the Scite Home site for this issue.

Scite schouldn't crash when FuncPopUp is close first.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.