scripting the de-installation of an activex control ?

Dazz

I am fairly new to autoit but have used it a couple of times over the last month or so to automate certain manual procedures etc with great success, now I wanted to write a script that removes an activex control installed in IE, does anyone know if this is achieveable ?

Most of the posts around IE control seem to focus on typical browser uses, loading URL's, loading activex controls, etc, I have not been able to find any examples or indications whether it is possible to script the removal of an installed activex control, this is something that is simple to achieve with the mouse in IE but not sure how to go about scripting it is all.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I am happy to do the hardwork and figure it out, just need a push in any direction first.

Thanks

Dazz

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know exact answer so only idea:

- use Regmon or RegShot & Filemon to monitor which registry/INI/files are modified/deleted while you are manually deinstalling activex control. Then make script with simple RegWrite/RegDelete, FileDelete commands based on discovered values...

Edited by Zedna

• 2 weeks later...