Script GUI over fullscreen Direct3D window

JoshDB

Hey all. Back for another question:

I'm creating a script with accompanying GUI that would be greatly improved by running over a fullscreen Direct3D window, vis a vis EverQuest 2.

EverQuest 2 runs about five times faster when in fullscreen mode against its windowed mode - It lags terribly when windowed, you see. I don't know why, but that's that.

Anyways, I've seen this done once before; The example was in C, and it used Direct3D to hook itself into the EQ2.exe and draw stuff accordingly - But I just want to put my existing GUI window over the fullscreen game!

Is this at all possible?

If anyone can help in the slightest, please post here and help out an stumped old AU3 user.

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite

Hey all. Back for another question:

I'm creating a script with accompanying GUI that would be greatly improved by running over a fullscreen Direct3D window, vis a vis EverQuest 2.

EverQuest 2 runs about five times faster when in fullscreen mode against its windowed mode - It lags terribly when windowed, you see. I don't know why, but that's that.

Anyways, I've seen this done once before; The example was in C, and it used Direct3D to hook itself into the EQ2.exe and draw stuff accordingly - But I just want to put my existing GUI window over the fullscreen game!

Is this at all possible?

If anyone can help in the slightest, please post here and help out an stumped old AU3 user.

I might not be getting the point here, but why don't you just make your gui the size of your desktop?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I don't need the GUI to be fullscreen - I need it to be over a fullscreen Direct3D window - Which is different than a standard fullscreen app.

For example: If you use the Windows Media Player toolbar on the taskbar, notice the box that pops up when the song changes.

This goes over everything - Except Everquest II. When a song changes in fulscreen mode while playing EQ2, you can see the box briefly - But it flickers.

I need to do something like this, except without the flickering.

Understand?

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite