How i can disable the keyboard only?

not-me

Please i want to find a way to disable the keyboard only if something has changed in a region then unlock the keyboard again if the region become as it was.

Thanks all

You can "Hotkeyset" all of your keys to a blank Functon.

Then Bind them to nothing to re-enable them.

Like this

HotKeySet("a","Lame_Func")

While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func Lame_Func()
ToolTip("Your 'A' Key Won't Type")
EndFunc

Thanks paulie, but it dosnt meet what i want.

I want to disable all the keyboard if a region change and unlock the keyboard again if the region back as it was (by checking the PixelChecksum every 1 sec for example).

Any idea plz?

Did you try Paulie's suggestion? I don't see why it wouldn't apply.

IE Dev ToolbarMSDN: InternetExplorer ObjectMSDN: HTML/DHTML Reference Guide[quote]It is surprising what a man can do when he has to, and how little most men will do when they don't have to. - Walter Linn[/quote]--------------------[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Post a reproducer with less than 100 lines of code.[/font]

Perhaps it will help you (www.dx21.com), search for disable keyboard...

Rev 127 Et factum et prælium magnum in cælo: Michaël et angeli ejus præliabantur cum dracone, et draco pugnabat, et angeli ejus: 8 et non valuerant, neque locus inventus est eorum amplius in cælo.9 Et projectus est draco ille magnus, serpens antiquus, qui vocatur diabolus, et Satanas, qui seducit universum orbem: et projectus est in terram, et angeli ejus cum illo missi sunt.

i tried the code in the 1st comment but it is long to disable all the keys using the hotkeyset method and i want to unlock the keys again if the region back again as it was.

Qsr Nrwn

Perhaps it will help you (www.dx21.com), search for disable keyboard...

The site is very good to use run32.dll. Thanks

the " RunDll32.exe KEYBOARD,disable " dosnt work on win XP

bad luck :P

give a try to this (im not pretty sure that if it will work on XP, it will disable the mouse, keyboard and display...). Hope you have luck

Rev 127 Et factum et prælium magnum in cælo: Michaël et angeli ejus præliabantur cum dracone, et draco pugnabat, et angeli ejus: 8 et non valuerant, neque locus inventus est eorum amplius in cælo.9 Et projectus est draco ille magnus, serpens antiquus, qui vocatur diabolus, et Satanas, qui seducit universum orbem: et projectus est in terram, et angeli ejus cum illo missi sunt.

i tried the code in the 1st comment but it is long to disable all the keys using the hotkeyset method and i want to unlock the keys again if the region back again as it was...

What code did you try? The first 64 keys are set/blocked in less than 4 milliseconds and the rest in less than 2 milliseconds... and that was on my weak laptop. I'm sure that a gaming system would do better.

BlockKeyboardInput1.au3

BlockKeyboardInput2.au3

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=269719

So, read up on STDIO and have your main script toggle the other two as desired.

@Secure_ICT,

Yes, but BlockInput() about the same. This code keeps the mouse alive.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Wait couldnt this be used maliciously?

Yes, but sometimes you need to prevent some unexperienced user to - as a way to pave the way to make your script work - send some keystrokes that will crash your script... And it will be perfectly legal in your actions if you disable the keyboard while you walk through the critical part of your script (ideally notifying the user before doing so)

And sometimes the method showed here (relatively to minimize and send) will not work, perhaps is a legacy (Win 3.x/95, in my case) software, and it is the only way to make it workt

The answer to that could be: That's upon your ethics... I'm trying not to be so paranoid. He/She is asking "How i can disable the keyboard only?", and he clearly states:

"Please i want to find a way to disable the keyboard only if something has changed in a region then unlock the keyboard again if the region become as it was.

Thanks all

So, for me there is no harm to show someone where the information is. It's upon his'/her's ethics.

So long,

Qsr Nrwn

EDIT: Corrected end tag missig. Added EDIT

Edited by Qsr Nrwn

...it is the only way to make it work...

...but in that same thread that we referenced, SmOke_N states:

Something put together with care, should easy enough be able to accomplish any task without fear of user interactions IMHO.

So the challenge has been made; you come up with the scenario and SmOke_N will humbly write the code. :-) :-) :-)

...or at least humbly offer an opinion :-)

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• Moderators

...but in that same thread that we referenced, SmOke_N states:So the challenge has been made; you come up with the scenario and SmOke_N will humbly write the code. :-) :-) :-)

...or at least humbly offer an opinion :-)

Humbly? :P

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.