How to update Tooltip text without redrawing?

somh

I use tootip to display current file processing info in a recursive loop, and this happens to be very fast, and the tooltip area will flash a lot every time called out.

I want to know if it is possible to just update the text in a tooltip without redrawing the whole area every time?

If its going so fast people cant even read it then i guess i dont see the point in having it

:">

It's fast enough to cause flash, but not so fast to be unreadable.

If u ever used a virus scan tool, probably u'll understand the point.

If I recall right Larry uses tooltips to show of information on the fly. I'm not sure if it get's ride of the flashing. I think one of the reasons you get the flashing effect is that the size of the tooltip area is recalculated each time to fit the text you want to display. Allso the yellow color does not help.

So, follow your instinct. Createa a borderless fixed size window with a label on it and updates that then the flashing effect will probably be gone. Something alonge the lines of the Progress dialog?

So, follow your instinct. Createa a borderless fixed size window with a label on it and updates that then the flashing effect will probably be gone. Something alonge the lines of the Progress dialog?

Yes, that's what I've done alternatively.