Using Excel 2007

wutzke

As I prepare for Windows Vista (WV) I installed the Beta version of the Office 2007 software.

My scripts don't seem to like the new version.

I can't go back to a previous Excel version, since I was running OpenOffice before.

Any work around so that I can run stuff like:

#include <ExcelCOM_UDF.au3>

$oBook = _ExcelBookOpen("C:\Info.xls")

Who is using MS Office 2007, we are only in 2006 :P

Wait a few days and after new year it will work. :D

Just a joke !

I think you are a little early in starting usng 2007, I am sure the guys from the UDF will update it so it's compatible with the latest version.

Only a matter of patience.

regards,

ptrex

As I prepare for Windows Vista (WV) I installed the Beta version of the Office 2007 software.

My scripts don't seem to like the new version.

I can't go back to a previous Excel version, since I was running OpenOffice before.

Any work around so that I can run stuff like:

#include <ExcelCOM_UDF.au3>

$oBook = _ExcelBookOpen("C:\Info.xls")
I haven't had a chance to crack open the case of the new object model to see how I'd need to modify ExcelCOM_UDF.au3 to work with Excel 2007. I don't have the Beta, and I'm not likely to be getting it (or the full version) for quite a while yet. Information on it seems to be sparse at present, too. I'll have a lookie-see in the near future; that's about all I can promise.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

Never mind my last post. I've downloaded the 90-day trial of Office 2007 Professional. I'll see what I can do with it.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]