Read Window Text? (Command Line Window)

ken82m

Normally when it comes to the command line I can write the result to a text file or pipe it to the clipboard.

I am trying to write something to monitor several telnet servers for me all over the country.

The telnet client would run and get me to a text based logon screen, when I am finished I would simply terminate the process.

I want to parse that screen for a specific set of words.

WinGetText can find thw window but can't get any text unfortunately. Anyone else have a way to do this?

Thanks, Kenny

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

You could try using StdoutRead, see the help file for use.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Well slight improvement. It's returning something now but it's more like a help>about kind of thing. Nothing related to what's it doing.

However I have found that as soon as I added the I/O flag to my run command the command line just flashes in from of me for a second and disappears. I even tried a @comspec /K with the command but it won't stay open.

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

hmmmm looks challenging to say the least lol :P