Tidy Help

themax90

Maybe you don't understand.

I have SciTe, the new tidy version is Command Line. I cannot configure it.

Prehaps that helps your estimation.

Edit: After scrambling through documentation, I found the Ini file and was able to configure it. Next time read the entire statement instead of assuming I do not have it. This happens with tech support companies, they assume the user is wrong and the user is NOT always wrong. I suggest SciTe have a Tidy Configure program.

Edited by AutoIt Smith

• Developers

The "Old" version of Tidy had a GUI....

This version doesn't ... the SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile (Ctrl+F1) describes the options you can specify in either the Tidy.ini or Compiler Directive :

#Compiler_Run_Tidy=y ;Run au3check before compilation. default=y

#Compiler_Tidy_Stop_onerror=y ;Continue when only Warnings. default=y

#Tidy_Parameters=

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

Hi AutoIt Smith,

I also same the need as you. Possible to guide me as to how I can achieve this? I also found the tidy.ini file. But not sure how to do it?

Thanks.

Ctrl+F1 opens the SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile.

Which part of the Helpfile page on Tidy is unclear for you ?

:whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

JdeB, I don't want the Tidy program do run in Command Line. I want it to be like the old GUI version. I prefer that. AutoIt Smith managed to scramble thru the docs and figured it out. But I couldn't.

Would appreciate if you could enlighten me as to what I have to do exactly.

Thanks.

mouse not found....scroll any mouse to continue.

• Developers

JdeB, I don't want the Tidy program do run in Command Line. I want it to be like the old GUI version. I prefer that. AutoIt Smith managed to scramble thru the docs and figured it out. But I couldn't.

Would appreciate if you could enlighten me as to what I have to do exactly.

Thanks.

I will not add the GUI back in because I like it the way it is now ... lean and fast.

You can change Tidy setting by using Compiler directives as described in the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile.

If you want a gui eveytime tidy is run, than just write your own AutoIt3 script which shells Tidy with the correct parameters.

:whistle:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 months later...

A couple of questions reqarding the console mode tidy ( very fast, sweet! ) I did read the help file w/o

finding the answers to the questions below.

1) What location(s) does Tidy.exe search for a tidy.ini file? If more than one location is searched, what is the order of precedence?

2) Would you consider adding the KeepNVersions parameter to the list of settings which can be overwritten using the #Tidy_Parameters directive?

Thanks for your time and the great tools you make available to the community.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

• Developers

1) What location(s) does Tidy.exe search for a tidy.ini file? If more than one location is searched, what is the order of precedence?

Tidy looks for Tidy.ini in the program directory.

2) Would you consider adding the KeepNVersions parameter to the list of settings which can be overwritten using the #Tidy_Parameters directive?

/keepnversions or /kv can be used in the next version of Tidy (v 2.0.10)

It has the same rules as the old tidy: 0=Keep all backup versions or else the number specified is kept.

:shocked:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.