WinWaitActive?

DaGrunch

I started to automate some of my daily work with autoit and so far it works brilliant. Beginning to like autoit a lot. :P

Now i came across a problem and hope you can help me out on this one. After checking the Microsoft Database, the helpsection of autoit and this forum i have given up. :D

I am using some webbased application at work and sometimes the intranet is quite slow. This means i click on a function which opens a window to interact with, but the data for the window takes too long. The application seems to hang for this time and it is showing the windows cursor as a sand clock. I need to send some data at this point, but it will run into nothing in this scenario because of the window "hanging". My automation works just fine when the intranet is fast and the popup window is working properly. I thought just to use a sleep() but this is a bad solution because sometimes i gotta wait for a minute. After that i started experimenting with the WinWaitActive(""), but this didnt help because the window is activated. Just the content is hanging for a while.

Now my questions:

Is it possible to wait until the mouse cursor changed from the sand clock to the normal state?

And if so is it possible to get the time it was in this state?

Your help is much appreciated! :">

Is it able to be accessed from Internet Explorer? cuz there is a IE.au3 UDF that has a _IELoadWait but MouseGetCursor is what ur after, but i would recomend IE.au3 if u can by the way next time post in general support as im sure this isnt for autoitx

Edited by Thatsgreat2345

No it is an autoit script working on an application, so you are confusing me now. Do i just post question for such a thing in general?

MouseGetCursor() was exactly what i was looking for. Interesting that i overlooked it in my search. :P

CODE
sleep(2000)

$IDs = StringSplit("AppStarting|Arrow|Cross|Help|IBeam|Icon|No|" & _

"Size|SizeAll|SizeNESW|SizeNS|SizeNWSE|SizeWE|UpArrow|Wait", "|")

$IDs[0] = "Unknown"

$cursor = MouseGetCursor()

MsgBox(4096, "ID = " & $cursor, "Which means " & $IDs[$cursor])

I will put this into a wait-until loop and i think it should work. Thank you!!

Edited by DaGrunch

No it is an autoit script working on an application, so you are confusing me now. Do i just post question for such a thing in general? ...

You started your post in the forum named "AutoItX Help and Support" which has a subtitle of "Support for the ActiveX and DLL versions of AutoIt."

Thatsgreat2345 was suggesting that you make a post such as this in the forum named "General Help and Support" - subtitled "Help and scripting advice for AutoIt v3."

The "X" in AutoItX is not for the version number, it is for the ActiveX version of AutoIt.

That said, welcome to the forums. You have a solution to your posted question, but you really should look at IE.au3.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]