Help Calling a Excel Addin from AutoIT

Mortifer

Hi Guys,

Sorry I am sorta new to this , have writen a few little apps and found AutoIT to be my favorite scripting language at the moment but am having difficulties trying to figure out if you can call an excel addin from AutoIT.

The specific addin i'm trying to call is called synkronizer , Its a comparison addin , that highlights the changes from one sheet to the other.

I have the developer version 8 so I have the ability to call commands via VBA but can't figure out how I would do this via AutoIT.

Has anyone got any idea's on how to call a excel addin .XLA or call a VBA command thats an addon to the normal language.

I was thinking about even trying to click the menu option in tools but that has proven difficult as they aren't real menu's

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This may help you out:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programmin...Q_20496135.html

You will have to use the 'ObjCreate' function.

Also, I wrote a simple Excel compare program that is free. Does not have all the features of synkronizer though. You can get it here: Spreadsheet Compare. It won't help you with your current problem though!

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Thanks Stumpii but unfortunatly I don't have a subscription for Experts exchange.

Will try to find the excel.application.run used for macro's and see if that helps me

Neither do I! I searched for 'How can i use vb to run macro in excel that use solver addin' in Google and I get the solution displayed without a subscription.

This may help in anycase: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306682

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.