Anagrams..

_Kurt

Hello everyone,

Recently, my friends have been playing lots of online games where you need to rearrange letters to spell a word (i.e. TextTwist, Anagrammatics) also known as anagrams. So I decided to make an easy-to-use program that returns every possible word. The program includes some cool features. I decided to create a settings file that can be configured in the GUI so you can choose 1) which game to play 2) safe modes, and 3) default settings. The "safe mode" is just the option to have the program change it's title every 10-15 second, this is used because I've heard rumours that some sites can check to see which windows are open.

Happy Holidays everyone! :D

Kurt

Enjoy! :P

--------*Update*--------

-Fixed navigation

-Fixed settings GUI

-Added more time for Ping

-Added random sleep for Safest Mode

-Fixed function to check if the site is down

---------------------------

Previous amount of Downloads: 321

Anagrams.au3

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

i was JUST about to make this, I just couldnt figure out where to find a dictionary. and my friends were just playing that same game :P

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Lol, beat you to it :P I really like it though, I started an account on anagrammatics just an hour or two ago. I'm already ranked as a 3 star :D . TextTwist I haven't played yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

This is pretty good, i like how it brings up the game in the window, very nice. Couple of issues i had though it comes up with quite a few words in texttwist that arent words, but im not shure if that is anything feesable to fix. However i was having a problem with the internet check failing. I looked over your code and the problem seems to be that the CheckINet function does not work probably bacuse of my NAT router and you made a mistake on the ping statement.

You had:

If NOT CheckInet() = -1 OR Ping("www.google.ca",250) = 0 Then
 oÝ÷ Ù(hºW[y«­¢+Ø)%9=P
¡­%¹Ð ¤ô´Ä=HA¥¹ ÅÕ½ÐíÝÝܹ½½±¹ÅÕ½Ðì°ÈÔÀ¤ÐìôÀQ¡¸(oÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍYÕÚXÚÒ[]

HHLHÔÕ[Ê ][ÝÝÝÝËÛÛÙÛKØI][ÝËL
HH[

The NOT only applys the the statement immediatly after it not the whole if statement. :-)

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

This is pretty good, i like how it brings up the game in the window, very nice.

Couple of issues i had though it comes up with quite a few words in texttwist that arent words, but im not shure if that is anything feesable to fix.

Some words aren't included in TextTwist's of Anagrammatic's dictionnary, other times it returns strange words that I have never heard of. This cannot be fixed since the information is "taken" from the site. However, if I have the time I will probably add a button so if you are not pleased with the word results, it will grab more words from a different site.

However i was having a problem with the internet check failing. I looked over your code and the problem seems to be that the CheckINet function does not work probably bacuse of my NAT router and you made a mistake on the ping statement.

You had:

oÝ÷ Ù(hºW[y«­¢+Ø)%9=P
¡­%¹Ð ¤ô´Ä=HA¥¹ ÅÕ½ÐíÝÝܹ½½±¹ÅÕ½Ðì°ÈÔÀ¤ÐìôÀQ¡¸(oÝ÷ ÚÚºÚ"µÍYÕÚXÚÒ[]

HHLHÔÕ[Ê ][ÝÝÝÝËÛÛÙÛKØI][ÝËL
HH[

The NOT only applys the the statement immediatly after it not the whole if statement. :-)

Edit: *See Next Post*

Happy Holidays,

Kurt

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

@smstroble-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I still believe that

oÝ÷ Û
+Çââ!j÷©®åzk0éȺǨêÊ«²n¶*'±úè¦è½äèªê-zØ^éi~)^¢{axø§û§rب«¨µh^Ø^~éܶ*'}¨¥²·­º¹ìÒ«¨¶Êmébz÷­«f˲Âä±ø§x÷«ªl¶­¶¶çJZ­©µêì¥u·«j+u©b¶Ù^æ§x-«r¢èZ½æ¬"׫ë¢yÞrب«­¢+Ø)A¥¹ ÉÍ̽ȡ½Íѹµl°Ñ¥µ½ÕÑt¤(íÑ¥µ½ÕÐm½ÁÑ¥½¹±t%ÌÑ¡Ñ¥µÑ¼Ý¥Ð½È¸¹ÍÝÈ¥¸µ¥±±¥Í½¹Ì¡Õ±Ð¥ÌÐÀÀÀ¤¸

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

err ops lol. it seems i set mine for >= 0 so it still went if it failed. :

Yes, i think rasing the timeout would help, seems my michigan DSL cant get to canada fast enough lol. i also tryed switching the ping target to www.google.us and that worked fine.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

err ops lol. it seems i set mine for >= 0 so it still went if it failed. :

Yes, i think rasing the timeout would help, seems my michigan DSL cant get to canada fast enough lol. i also tryed switching the ping target to www.google.us and that worked fine.

Yeah, for those who are having trouble with the Ping, try adjusting the time, or even pick a different site that loads fast for you.

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Thanks alot man, I love it!

Hehe :P

Anyway, I've noticed that sometimes after exiting the GUI while playing TextTwist, it looks as though it properly exited, except I still see the Autoit icon and java icon. So I went to task manager, noticing that I was at 100% CPU USAGE, I went to processes and saw that AutoitWrapper.exe and AutoIt.exe were still running. Perhaps it has trouble exiting while playing a Java-type game? I have no clue how to solve it, I've tried many (stupid) solutions but got nowhere. Maybe this only happened to me?

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... was just playing TextTwist and was given the letters: DHASSE and one of the three letter words was "ade" and the proggy didn't find it :whistle: Maybe you should add that to you dictionary.

I would, but the problem is that the retrieved information is taken from a website. I'm thinking of adding another method of retrieving the words, but maybe later since I am working on other projects.

Kurt

PS: You set the minimum amount of letters to 3 when you got those results, correct?

Awaiting Diablo III..

• 6 months later...

Okay. Any suggestions? (might aswell ask the question while this topic is alive :))

Kurt

this is so stupid but i have 2 ask... plz help.there's this algorithm abt which i got confused.

lets take 4 letters 'okob' [anagram for 'book']:

o k o b

|_||_||_||_|

| | | |

[1][2][3][4]

The [] bracketed numbers are array positions for the letters.

The resulting transposition will look like:

The Letter In Array Element ------ Will Be Swapped To Array Element

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[4] [1]

[1] [2]

[2] [3]

[3] [4]

The resulting text is: "boko"

the process continues for this given length of text... giving all the possible combinations for the given letters.

what i cant do is i cant design an algorithm for any variable number of text length to generate all the combinations for all the given elements.

can anyone help me out about it?

Okay. Any suggestions? (might aswell ask the question while this topic is alive :))

Kurt

this is so stupid but i have 2 ask... plz help.there's this algorithm abt which i got confused.

lets take 4 letters 'okob' [anagram for 'book']:

--------------o--k--o--b

-------------|_||_||_||_|

--------------|---|--|---|

-------------[1][2][3][4]

The [] bracketed numbers are array positions for the letters.

The resulting transposition will look like:

The Letter In Array Element -------------Will Be Swapped To Array Element

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------[4]---------------------------------------------[1]

-------------[1]---------------------------------------------[2]

-------------[2]---------------------------------------------[3]

-------------[3]---------------------------------------------[4]

The resulting text is: "boko"

the process continues for this given length of text... giving all the possible combinations for the given letters.

what i cant do is i cant design an algorithm for any variable number of text length to generate all the combinations for all the given elements.

can anyone help me out about it?

Edited by DarkMessiah