[RunWait] - Spaces in .exe path...

eHrgo

Hello,

In a part of one of my big untidy programs i have:

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k ' & $RarDir )oÝ÷ Ùh^l¡×¥¢%G­«ZºÚ"µÍ[ØZ]
ÛÛTÜXÈ  [È ÌÎNÈÚÈ ÌÎNÈ [È ÌÎNÐÎÔ^IÌÎNÈ
oÝ÷ Øp¢¹,¥êßyËeË­Ê&©Ý±·¡wAºÙ²Ó~j°â®ö«¦åz¬²¶)²ÊZqë"+gjg¥GºÚ"µÍ[ØZ]
ÛÛTÜXÈ  [È ÌÎNÈÚÈ ÌÎNÈ [È ÌÎNÐÎÑØÝ[Y[[Ù][ÜËÓYKÔ^IÌÎNÈ
oÝ÷ Ùh^*î+b¶×¥gßп.éíßجZr¦jw_W¿nÊ+¯(¡j÷­éÜ«¨¶»§ªê-½êìç¢Ç+yéìljö¢¦åxn¶«¨µëºÛç«®ðØl¢g­)à)jëh×6RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k ' & '"C:/Document and Settings/Me/Rar.exe"' )oÝ÷ ÙaڵƧڢ».­è®±çe¢Ú±ëmx,jëh×6   RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k ' & $RarDir  & ' A -sfx ' & $NamedPathed & $FilesDir)

It's the winrar packager..... the problem seem to come from spaces.

Sorry for my English, THANKS a lot. :P

Edited by eHrgo
Sorry for my Bad English.

hum, sorry but it isn't..

Same error message :

If i try to translate the error message:

'C:/Document' is not recognize as an intern or extern command, or a command file.

When i try to enter :

"C:/Document and Settings/Me/Rar.exe" in a dos window, it works.... autoit doesn't seems to understand "spaces" in file's path [like %20 shit on internet :D].

Thanks to Help me!

Edited by eHrgo

It's the winrar packager..... the problem seem to come from spaces.

Corrections using double quotes to help with spaces.

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k "' & $RarDir & '"' )

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k "C:/Rar.exe"' )

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k "' & @MyDocumentsDir & '\Rar.exe"' )

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k "' & @MyDocumentsDir & '\Rar.exe"' )

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k "' & $RarDir  & '" A -sfx "' & $NamedPathed & '" "' & $FilesDir & '"' )
oÝ÷ Ø ­ç°ØGzX¶­
¥ç"²«ªlgyç^u:zË«y§]x¢æåz«¨µë-¡«"^r¦jw]¡ëË«zËqë,jëh×6
Run ( '"C:\Documents and Settings\Helge\Desktop\myfile.exe"' )

:P

Thanks all, im gonna try that.. I need a ComSpec because i use lot of launch settings, i want to pack few files in a -sfx etc.....

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k ' & $RarDir  & ' A -sfx ' & $NamedPathed & $FilesDir)

Actually my real dir is something like:

D:\DISQUE G\Programmation\.....

But it's french, so i explained you with something you could understand :P

Thanks, trying.

Ok thanks guys, i suceed, one quote was missing:

RunWait ( @ComSpec & ' /k ""' & $RarDir  & '" A -sfx "' & $NamedPathed & '" "' & $FilesDir & '"' )

...& ' /k ""' &

I don't know why, but it doesn't work with only one, now it's perfectly working, thanks.

Still, you don't need to use @comspec. Run supports exe-files, which is exactly what @comspec

and your file is. So, you're making a exe-file run another exe-file, when you can just run it directly.

It's like grabbing your mother by her feet and use her to hit your father. Why bother ?

I don't understand, this line is a part of a big program with GUI, inputs, etc...

The program "rar.exe" is not mine, it's the Winrar packer, how can do this operation without using ComSpec?

Sorry, I'm new, I Dont understand...

Why did you choose to put in @comspec in your code ? My guess is that you've seen people use it in their

code, but where they used it with files that weren't supported directly by Run (such as JPG and TXT).

In the helpfile it says that it can run the following types of files : EXE, BAT, COM and PIF. You want to run

a EXE-file, so there's no need use @comspec at all. Just give Run() the EXE-file and the parameters to pass

it. That's it. Example I just tested :

Run('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\WinRAR\RAR.exe" A -SFX "c:\my archive with spaces.rar"', "", @SW_HIDE)

EDIT : Note that when using Run() the script will run the file and then continue immediatelly. If you want

the script to wait till the making of the archive is finished then you just have to use RunWait instead...

Edited by Helge

Thanks, i changed, i don't see any differences but.....

Only one other question, you seem to know winrar commands.... Do you know how can i pack only specified files in my archive? Because i found -n<Files> but i think i don't use good syntax.....

I used:

Run('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\WinRAR\RAR.exe" A -SFX -n"C:\MyFile.jpg" -n"C:\OtherFile.jpg" "c:\my archive with spaces.rar"', "", @SW_HIDE)

But it return me an error : "WARNING: no files" It doesn't seems to understand my command, and ignore it.....

Thanks, and sorry for the off-topic..

Edited by eHrgo

Only one other question, you seem to know winrar commands.... Do you know how can i pack only specified files in my archive? Because i found -n<Files> but i think i don't use good syntax.....

Hmm.. on my version of WinRAR, I can't find -n switch.