AutoITX3 and Methods File

lgodfrey

Dear Erudities: :ph34r:

It may be a good idea to add a comment to the top of the "available AutoITX3 Methods" txt file that there are methods available in AutoITX3 not available in AutoIT. For instance, it looks like the developers put in WinGetPosX,Y etc so that a non-array function call can be used in programs that do not allow array functions (such as Excel VBA). My own fault, but I had assumed the methods were a sub-set of the AutoIT methods and wasted a bunch of time creating a shell function to get at windows position instead of just using the single value functions.

Here a "cute" way to identify those addtional functions:

Save the text file as an au3 file and look at it with SciTE. The "new" methods will be shown with a different font.

"Lovin IT!"

Regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

So how did you do it in excel? When I try it using WinGetPos, it doesn't even compile, while the WinGetPosX,Y functions work perfectly. Can you share your test code?

Also the only split function that I can find splits a string up into an array, but we are starting with an array here. So how can this work?

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

• Administrators

You are wrong, I just created a Array and it returned the all the values perfectly.

I noticed the Array() function is not available though.

He means passing an array between VB and another program (autoitx). I couldn't find any compatible way (VB is not the only target) of doing it so some autoit functions that return arrays work differently in autoitx.

• 4 years later...