kinda going around in circles

MrMikl

Well, the google search example works, where on www.google.com it fills in

Autoit3.com and finds the site. I am working on google search base, and its all css

The regular www.google.com is a regular html form, but www.google.com/basr/snippets is all in css. I tried to get the collection, but being a newbie at Autoit, but not at programming

$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($oIE, -1)

should put all the items (textboxs, buttons, etc) into a collection. Unfortunately, the help area doesnt really say how to reference this collection in AutoIt. I tried to reference it as an array, but using VB it does have collections, but it references them differently. Can anyone tell me how to dereference the collection or how to find the objects on a css form? Or maybe the form is hidden to me, and niether I viewing the source or AutoIT cant because its hidden. I hope this makes sense.

When I do get a query to work in googlebase, it returns either RSS or XML file as a download to my system. I have it set to where it asks if I want to open the file or save it. I would like, for this program to automatically save the file. However, in IE.au3 and in the samples or the commands, I dont see anything to 'catch' an object, to download.

Is this horribly complex or am I just simply missing something?

thanks Mike

What are you getting at? Do you just want to search Google Base?

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com/base")
_IELoadWait($oIE)
$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE,0)
$oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm,"q")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery,"Autoit")
_IEFormSubmit($oForm)
Edited by Thatsgreat2345

What are you getting at? Do you just want to search Google Base?

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.com/base")
_IELoadWait($oIE)
$oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE,0)
$oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm,"q")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery,"Autoit")
_IEFormSubmit($oForm)

GOOGLE has a new feature that allows you to pick up information in either a XML or RSS feed. I have tried working with IE and the code above already, and it opens a download window. I am trying to automatically save the feed document but cant seem to quiet the dialog box for downloading. (maybe I should not) Anyway, the above code doesnt work for their feed service. You can ask for sites on product and price, and I was hoping to get the feed in price order. But this doesnt seem to work for me. The page has no HTML code, its all CSS. It has a different URL than the URL above. I dont know CSS,

thanks Mike