Recording typed text..

_Kurt

Hello guys,

The purpose of my script is to Msgbox() the text that was typed on the keyboard. Now, most of my work is done, except I'm having trouble with _IsPressed. It seems as though my fast typing messes it up and, for example, if i type in "hello" at my speed it ends up as "hehehhheelloloo", perhaps I am doing something wrong? I added a small sleep, but it's still VERY messy.

While 1
    If _IsPressed("20") Then ; 20 = SPACEBAR
        Sleep(50)
        If _IsPressed("20") Then FileWrite($file, " ")
    EndIf
;if _ispressed etc. etc. etc. (snipped)
;and the rest of the letters and numbers
WEnd
$read = FileRead($file)
Msgbox(0,"","This is what you typed:" & @CRLF & $read)

Any other ideas on capturing keystrokes?

Happy Holidays,

Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

Why would I create a keylogger, that's just stupid. I thought I could create an experiment THAT I WOULDN'T post in example scripts. I thought I'd like to see the capturing of keystrokes, not the capturing OF SOMEONE'S PASSWORD. Only an idiot would even think of creating something like that, and only an idiot would accuse someone of attempting to create one when clearly it was not the case. Why bother writing dangerous, or malicious scripts anyway? It's a waste of time, and it really pisses people off. Know what else pisses people off? Being accused for writting a KEYLOGGER.

SINCERELY,

Kurt

Edited by _Kurt

Awaiting Diablo III..

"only an idiot would accuse someone of attempting to create one when clearly it was not the case"

How is it clearly not the case? You want to log keystrokes. Keystroke logger -> keylogger. Whether you use it for malicious purposes or not is completely up to you and not the concern of the members of this board. Regardless of your intentions, you'll be shunned for asking, so stop defending yourself while you're ahead.

It seems as though my fast typing messes it up and, for example, if i type in "hello" at my speed it ends up as "hehehhheelloloo", perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Obviously you are typing to slow for your algorithm.:P

Why would I create a keylogger, that's just stupid. I thought I could create an experiment THAT I WOULDN'T post in example scripts. I thought I'd like to see the capturing of keystrokes, not the capturing OF SOMEONE'S PASSWORD. Only an idiot would even think of creating something like that, and only an idiot would accuse someone of attempting to create one when clearly it was not the case. Why bother writing dangerous, or malicious scripts anyway? It's a waste of time, and it really pisses people off. Know what else pisses people off? Being accused for writting a KEYLOGGER.

Recording text on a global basis is..... So your argument does not make sense at all.