Excel to VB Interface

Ram

I have an inerface that has few textField, few comboBox, few checkBox... Now I have written a script that can add data to the textField using controlSend and used ControlCommand to fetch data from combobox and check/uncheck the checkbox..

Now I would like do this stuff using Excel file.. i.e I have excel file that has all related datas that are needed for textField, ComboBox, Checkbox..I would like get corresponding data from the excel file put them to it's corresponding textField in the interface...

Is this possible? if so can someone guide me to that particular example or give me an idea on doing this..

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

I have an inerface that has few textField, few comboBox, few checkBox... Now I have written a script that can add data to the textField using controlSend and used ControlCommand to fetch data from combobox and check/uncheck the checkbox..

Now I would like do this stuff using Excel file.. i.e I have excel file that has all related datas that are needed for textField, ComboBox, Checkbox..I would like get corresponding data from the excel file put them to it's corresponding textField in the interface...

Is this possible? if so can someone guide me to that particular example or give me an idea on doing this..

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

Search for "Excel" in the forums and you will find lots to help you.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hey .. Sorry I browsed through the website.. all I understand is the excelCOM gets the data stores to an array ... but how do I call these my text field???

Please let me know..

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am still looking for a solution ... I am really not sure how this works? anybody have an example on how to call each Excel Columns/row to a particular box?

Awaiting your response!

Thanks!

Use the functions that they show, then take the array and use _ArrayDisplay() to see what is inside of it:

#include <array.au3>

;somewhere up here you get the data from the excel sheet and place it into $a_ReadExcel
_ArrayDisplay($a_ReadExcel,"Array Data:")
;this will only work if the array is single dimensional

Also, can you show the functions that you didn't understand. I don't feel like digging through all those Excel COM/OBJ UDFs to find the functions that you are referring to if my above example doesn't work.

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Use the functions that they show, then take the array and use _ArrayDisplay() to see what is inside of it:

#include <array.au3>

;somewhere up here you get the data from the excel sheet and place it into $a_ReadExcel
_ArrayDisplay($a_ReadExcel,"Array Data:")
;this will only work if the array is single dimensional

Also, can you show the functions that you didn't understand. I don't feel like digging through all those Excel COM/OBJ UDFs to find the functions that you are referring to if my above example doesn't work.

Thanks for the example... that reads the array.. but I am not sure how to use ExcelCOM...how to get the excel each rows data to array?

I am new in this?? Please help!! -