Memory Reading?

I been working with Autoit for about 4 months now, i been working alot with PixelGet stuff for basic things in the PC games i play, i was wandering if Autoit had a Memory read function so instead of having to find colors and al that jazz I can find exact numbers of what my HP bar is or MP bar is, or things of that nature so i can have a more exact bot so to speak. Thanks for any advice.

I am afraid not. You cant do anything like that with a unmodded Autoit.

AFAIK there is also nothing like that in the ToDo list, but maybe they'll add function for direct memory reading/writing.

But I feel this is a thing that they will not do since it is "virus-like" and the Antivirus company (that hate GNU good programs) most likely will mark autoit as a virus again.

(Same problem for Hex editing function...)

But it wouldnt be auto-it that was memory reading/writing... it would be the script... thats like saying Delphi is a virus because people can write malicious code with it... grrr... down with those anti-virus companies.

Sitting comfortably behind the code.

But it wouldnt be auto-it that was memory reading/writing... it would be the script... thats like saying Delphi is a virus because people can write malicious code with it... grrr... down with those anti-virus companies.

When that functionality would be added to AutoIt AV companies would have to options: shitlist AutoIt or parse the script files (that also means the compiled and "not-decompileable") for suspicious commands. Shitlisting AutoIt is far easier.

A few years ago AV software threw out warnings on every second game because the games tried to protect themselves from trainers... and these protections were virus-like. But games are far more spread than AutoIt so the AV companies had to find ways to get around this problem. AutoIt isn't that far spread so there's no pressure on the AV companies to make sure the software checks for malicious scripts rather than simply blaming AutoIt.

And they dislike GNU programs also.

There is no other explaination for blacklisting some remote command programs as Trojan when in ANY domain a sysadmin can do this kind of thing. Also EXPENSIVE programs exist for the main purpose and they are never set as Trojan...

:ph34r: