Simple newb question here....

warcrow

Hi guys, :">

I'm nearing the end of my first AutoIt (love this program!) project and the only thing left is to get the automation for the registration process working -but I'm completely stumped. I'm hoping someone brilliant will read this post.

Here is my perdicament:

I'm calling up the registration wizard (which works fine) and am attempting to select the "Register Single Use and Extension" option. But, it appears the the option is assocationed with several other clickable options as the same Control ID (3501). Meaning, there is a clickable object located above ("Arc GIS Desktop (IMSOCAMPC206552)") and below it ("Availability") -but they're all associated with the same Control ID (3501). Please see the following screenshots for refference incase I'm not making any sense here. I hope I'm conveying my thoughts to you correctly.

Once "Register Single Use and Extension" is selected, an option will pop up "Register Now" (to the right in pic #4) with the control ID of 3504. I would like to select that option and then move on with the registration process.

Help? :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check out Auto3Lib in the Example Scripts, and or Controlsend to send keys specifically to the control id.

You mean, to have it autoIT click control ID 3501 and then press the down key twice? How would that be coded? I mean, the entire window have the same control ID.

No need to click it, ControlSend presses the keys as if that window was active, and that control ID had focus even if it isn't. It sends keys specifically to that Window only.

Ok, got it.

So, how do I select "Register Single Use and Extension"? I'm not sure, exactly how to impliment the controlsend command in this situation. :">

Ok, got it.

So, how do I select "Register Single Use and Extension"? I'm not sure, exactly how to impliment the controlsend command in this situation. :">

I'm really stuck here, guys, and could really use some help. :">

In the first two screen shots the bottom of thr window info tool is cut off, was the visible text different?

The only difference is:

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<Screen: X: xxx Y: xxx

Cursor ID: 5

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<RGB: Hex: xxxxxxxx Dec: xxxxxxxx