Hiding FTP Details in script? Upload using PHP as alternative?

fi3ldy

Im current using the FTP.au3 submitted on the form (sorry cant remember who by)....

$ftpserver = "server"

$ftpuser = "user"

$ftppass = "pass"

$Open = _FTPOpen('ftp')

$Conn = _FTPConnect($Open, $ftpserver, $ftpuser, $ftppass)

So i have my username, password and server variables set to connect to the FTP, it all goes well and the files upload!.....

The thing im unsure about is its security, i simply packetsniffed my application, after 1 upload, i looked at the packetsniff results and found the server, username and password to my FTP in plain text, no problem..is there any way to protect this information from packsniffers??

Uploading via PHP seems a better idea, using GET, anybody got any examples on how to upload via php, could u use INetGet? (I can code PHP well, btw :D)

Thanks alot for reading and any help would be appriciated!

:P

Edited by fi3ldy

Using php alone will not help with security. Might be able to set up a ssl connection.

It's a ftp thing.

If you want to continue using ftp you will need to set up a vpn between the computers. You will still be able to sniff the packets on the end computers.

Or if you can move to the sftp. It's part of the ssh package.

Hopefully this helps a bit.

• Developers

you should check out smoke_n's EncodeIt in scripts and scraps. it will help obfuscate the literal strings you're worried about displaying.

aint gonna help you to avoid the clear text userid/password issue that you have with FTP, unless Secure ftp is supported...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

aint gonna help you to avoid the clear text userid/password issue that you have with FTP, unless Secure ftp is supported...

i didn't read clearly enough, totally my mistake; i thought the OP was wary about the details being readable in the code. My apologies, and i stand corrected