A GUI camera

Achilles

This is a camera I made and it save you the trouble of cropping.

;Thanks to LazyCat for the .dll

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

$gui = GuiCreate('Camera', 400, 400, '', '', Bitand($WS_THICKFRAME, $WS_SIZEBOX))
WinSetTrans('Camera', '', 140)

$capture = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Capture Screen (within the 'camera' window)", 20, 340,250,30)
GUICtrlSetResizing ($capture,$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKSIZE+$GUI_DOCKHCENTER)
$exit = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Exit", 290, 340, 90, 30)
GUICtrlSetResizing ($exit,$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKSIZE+$GUI_DOCKHCENTER)
GuiSetState()

While 1 
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
        If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE or $msg = $exit then Exit                    
        If $msg = $capture then 
            $pos = WinGetPos('Camera')
            $time = @Hour & "-" & @MIN & "-" & @SEC
            DllCall("captdll.dll", "int", "CaptureRegion", "Str", "Picture" & $time & ".bmp", "int", $pos[0]+ 2 , "int", $pos[1] + 22, "int", $pos[2] - 2, "int", $pos[3] - 21, "int", -1)
        Endif
Wend

Let me know what you think

captdll.dll

Edited by Piano_Man
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Yeah and you can only have on thing on the clipboard at a time, this would allow very fast picture taking/saving. Great work!

EDIT: :P couldn't figure out why it wasn't working... hmmm maybe I should've downloaded the .dll... lol

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

you should make it completely transparent and make it set itself to the size of the currently active window and then when you press a hotkey itll save it to your desktop or wherever

Well, the point of the program isn't really to just take a picture of a window, it's more for easier cropping or taking pictures of internet. But I think I'll try 'cause it could be useful too... I'll post the code if I get it working.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Well then you could make it open paint and press ^V

That's one of the whole points of the program... It saves you from having to open paint and pasting and saving...

Helpful hint , WinGetClientSize, WinGetPos, and GuiSetCoord

Thanks, those look helpful... Edited by Piano_Man