New Scriptwriter

VoSs2o0o

Hello,

i have written a new Scriptwriter: AutoItMacroGenerator.

Its the first beta Version of this Program.

You need:

AutoIt_Spy.exe from the current AutoIt - Version 3.0101

(copy it to the same Directory)

Features:

-Winwait()

-ControlClick() generally

-choose the correct Tab with controlcommand()

-inserts Text from Edit controls (EditPaste)

-incompletely Line on Listboxes and Comboboxes

Test it: VoSs2o0o - Homepage

AutoItMacroGenerator on my Homepage (Link 2)

Okay... I think there are some problems with this Webspace Provider:

I am now at work, and the Page is not really reachable. Try to use

this Link:

VoSs2o0o - Homepage

when you have Problems to Enter the Site, or try again later.

(The Problem is a hopefully temporary changed URL, and the Provider is not reachable)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here another URL for the AutoItMacroGenerator on "yousendit.com" The File is up for 7 days.

Edited by VoSs2o0o

@VoSs2o0o: I don't know what you've 'done' but when I'm trying to start it then always I get the message that it can't find "Au3_Spy"...

With filemon I saw that it want to load some dll's that originally are in my Windows\System32-folder from the same location/directory!

So I think there is a problem anywhere cause I have no problems to run other programs.

The searchpath "C:\Windows\System32" is in my "path".

Regards Holger

Edit: hmmm...maybe you check directly to version 1.0.7.0...that is one I'll never have cause I only use the beta-versions :ph34r: and they have 1.0.8.0...

Ok, no problem...then others have to check this out :(

Edited by Holger

@CyberSlug: I'm using PowerArchiver9.0 and NO Download Manager and had no problem here...

Do you use a DM?

I use Mozilla Firefox.... I also tried with IE 6 (no download manager) and had the same problem. I even tried the trick that forces the download to ignore any cached version....

:ph34r:

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

@CyberSlug

Now both Homepages work - but the the old one has generated an error saved as a Ace-File. That is now fixed.

@Holger

I check directly with an MD5 Checksum for that File, to avoid Problem with diffrent Versions of that File. I have now added the MD5-Key for 1.0.8.0

PS I don't use any special DLLs: Only the "normal" WinAPI dlls, and TheHook.dll.

New Version 0.11

--make little changes for the new Au3_Spy3 (Version 1.0.8.0)

Download it on my both Homepages Here and Here

My Tool is usefull to automate Installations or Programm Settings.

For Example, you generate an Installation Script of your Programm in some seconds, and then use PSExec from Sysinternals to install this Programm on all Network Computers.

You save Time on stupid "WaitWindow", "ControlClick" commands

and you must not jump between Au3_Spy and your Editor.

I am using Power Archiver under Win2K. I have downloaded from both the sites you reference and extraction fails with CRC errors on archives from both locations.

Gene

PS. I wonder what, if any are your issues with the .ZIP format.

@CyberSlug

Now both Homepages work - but the the old one has generated an error saved as a Ace-File. That is now fixed.

@Holger

I check directly with an MD5 Checksum  for that File, to avoid Problem with diffrent Versions of that File. I have now added the MD5-Key for 1.0.8.0

PS I don't use any special DLLs: Only the "normal" WinAPI dlls, and TheHook.dll.

New Version 0.11

--make little changes for the new Au3_Spy3 (Version 1.0.8.0)

Download it on my both Homepages Here and Here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

I like the concept of this program and I was able to download the program. I used ultimate zip. BUT, I was unable to get the program to work.

VoSs2o0o, could you give more details about how this program is suppose to work? Perhaps a small help file or read me file with directions will do.

An ADVOCATE for AutoIT

I took the liberty of posting the download here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/VoSs2o0o/AutoItMacroGenerator011.zip

I hope this is okay :ph34r: ... If you want to remove the file, see this information

I see this new scriptwriter as the perfect companion for later releases of AutoIt :(

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

@autoitNOW:

Okay, I have added a little help File

@CyberSlug:

no problem

@all:

New Version 0.12

- Help-File added

- now i use zip, and not ace (cause some Problem with extracting)

downloadt it on my Homepage (see signature) or soon in the Public File Area

This nice app. Keep the versions going. :ph34r:

Gave it a good workout last night and today.

Misses some controls here and there.

Click on window tabs to get them recognized if missed.

Rerun same apps over & over. Same exact misses.

Must be a bug in it somewhere?

It will be time saver with automated app

installs once perfected. By way of saving time scripting of course.

Thanks for sharing. :(

I am at holidays for one week.

Then I will check the problems with Tabs, and will solve some problems to add some more controls.

VoSs2o0o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice tool. Will be really helpful for sure. But one thing I'm missing which is present in the AU3ScriptWriter tool is that you don't have a run bar where you can actually copy/paste the whole command in. This is extremely helpful when you run a uninstall string of a installed app. An example (uninstall string of my ALPS Touch Pad Driver) :

RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{9F72EF8B-AEC9-4CA5-B483-143980AFD6FD}\setup.exe" UNINSTALL

(Maybe it does actually work with the proper quotation, but couldn't manage though).

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Guest alexmsupertramp

Hi VoSs2o0o,

I think this is a great idea, as I too have found it quite tedious to copy and paste from au3_spy to my text editor.

I'm curious how you wrote this - using AutoIt macros I'm guessing? Would you be willing to share the source? I was in the process of writing my own, but no sense in reinventing the wheel. I'd like to add additional features, such as extracting mouse coordinates, entering text into text fields, etc. I'm willing to post/share any additional work with you and the community, with your permission.

thanks!

@alexmsupertramp

because I dont't be able to write "correct" AutoIt - Code on a Click I use the following Technology:

-I start the AutoIt Spy in background, and grab this Window

-I grab all Mouseactions (and in the coming Version all Keyboard actions) and interpret this actions. For this I use "TheHook.dll" from Scott Seligman.

-I Write the code in the Textbox of my Proggy

-the only exception is the code I used for Tabs, but I will change this in the next version cause some problems.

I use Purebasic to code this (and I think you must "reinventing the wheel" to use my code.)

But I think this Technology is now possible in the newest betas from AutoIt! (You are able to load and use DLLs now). I try this method in the next time.....

When it is possible to write this in AutoIt, I write a new (Open Source) version of my Program in AutoIt.

For an perfect and easy way we need a small API for the AutoItSpy (in Au3_spy.exe or in a new au3_spy.dll).

Then it is possible to have all parameters of the AutoItSpy in an easy way.