Is there a built in way to get a compiled scripts handle?

Zach

I am sure it exists and I am just missing it - but I can find anything that seems to give me the actual object handles.

Not looking for the hwnd - want the object.

$btn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button", 10, 10, 100, 30)

I thought - incorrectly - would give me the object as ...

$btn

but it does not seem to work if I try to pass it a static or a com dll ...

Have not looked at it all that close yet - but just assuming that a variable that comes from AutoIt is going to have an AutoIt format or something to that extent.

Now - if I use something like

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()

or

$obj = ObjCreate("Shell32.WhatEver")

The left hand variable in those cases is the object I would have expected to get from any of the GUICreate functions.

I know there is ways to get it ... just wondering if there is a built in method I am missing?

Edited by Zach

Why do you think you should be able to get a object? What kind of object do you expect to get that you can pass on to a COM interface?

If it is the handle you want after all you could try hwnd($btn)

A gui element based on Win32 is not a object before some library wraps it up and protects you from the real implementation.

I think you're missing up opjects with handles/controls....a button is a control and ObjGet has absolutely nothing to do with it....

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

I really got to make a rule that I never use the word "handle" again.

Its got way to many uses for way to many different things.

To put it another way.

What I was really looking for is a reference to the running script itself - or a reference that puts me into the same scope as the running script.

Edited by Zach

What I was really looking for is a reference to the running script itself - or a reference that puts me into the same scope as the running script.

Do you mind to tell us what the "sope" of a running script could be?? Or in other words: WHAT do you want to do?

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *