IEFormElementSetValue error when used multiple times

marsol

I'm receiving this error when I use the _IEFormElementSetValue more than once for the same field.

"IE.au3 Error from function _IEFormElementSetValue, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType"

The bulk of the original script was kindly provided by SandyD in this post http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38605

My problem arises when I run a loop trying multiple cabin numbers. Here's a somewhat simplified version of the script that demonstrates the same problem.

CODE
#include <IE.au3>

HotKeySet("^!x", "MyExit")

$oIE = _IECreate ("http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?pid=745")

_IELoadWait ($oIE)

; Create a variable to store the form

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "addToCartSearchResults")

$BookNumField = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "AddToCart1:bookingNumber")

_IEFormElementSetValue ($BookNumField, "6x14v1")

$CabNumField= _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "AddToCart1:cabinNumber")

$cabnum=1000

While 1

_IEFormElementSetValue ($CabNumField, $cabnum)

; Submit the form

_IEFormImageClick ($oIE, "AddToCart1:btnSubmit", "name")

; wait until webpage has loaded

_IELoadWait ($oIE)

; get html from page and check if 'Invalid Booking and/or Cabin Number' text is found

$sHTML = _IEDocReadHTML ($oIE)

If StringInStr($sHTML,"Specify Delivery") Then

MsgBox(0,'','Found')

Else

MsgBox(0,'','NOT Found')

EndIf

$cabnum=$cabnum+1

Wend

FileClose($file)

Func MyExit()

msgbox(1,"lll","exiting")

Exit

EndFunc

; Finished!

I've tried explicitly declaring the variables but that didn't seem to help. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Okay, so I guess this is what I wasn't doing right. I need to have these two statements within the loop for it to work.

With my admittedly limited understanding I thought $oForm and $CabNumField were object variables and that these were persistent. Obviously some part of my understanding is wrong.

Mark

Okay, so I guess this is what I wasn't doing right. I need to have these two statements within the loop for it to work.

With my admittedly limited understanding I thought $oForm and $CabNumField were object variables and that these were persistent. Obviously some part of my understanding is wrong.

Mark

Correct. When the page reloads the previous document is destroyed and a new one created. Thus the object references to the elements on the page need to be re-established because the previous objects are no longer valid.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble