Close a Compiled Script

Him

Welcome. Merry Xmas to you too and a happy new year.

Before I help you, i would like to know for what reason this has to be done. This smells, well, somewhat malicious.

Just let me know why you want to do this and I will help you further.

-The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

• Developers

I wrote a script that autostarts. I want to make my script not to be able to be terminated

from the task manager. I want it to be terminated when i input a password. Is this possible?

Thanks

ANy program/Task can be killed ... but why would you want this ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Welcome. Merry Xmas to you too and a happy new year.

Before I help you, i would like to know for what reason this has to be done. This smells, well, somewhat malicious.

Just let me know why you want to do this and I will help you further.

-The Kandie Man

My family owns an internet cafe and I had the idea to make this program for security.

It will prevent users that have not been given a password from using a PC.

Can you help me?

It sounds like you need a security program to manage the PCs in question. There are many out there that can do the job.

Here are a few that may do what you need. I didn't do much research on it, but maybe this will stear you in the direction you would like to go.

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Mic...er-Toolkit.html

http://www.softheap.com/pubpcd.html

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/secure-pc-kiosk.html

You can disable the Task Manager with one or both of the following registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system\]
"DisableTaskMgr"=dword:00000001

[font="Tahoma"]Craig Rodway, IT Support, Bishop Barrington School.[/font]

Why won't disabling Taskmanager do?

If you don't know how to do it then, just ask:

#NoTrayIcon ; Hides the icon from the tray

HotKeySet("^+x", "close") ; Set the hotkey to CTRL+Shift+X to do a function

$password = "password"    ; Set a password to use

While 1
    If ProcessExists("taskmgr.exe") Then ; If a process which is called "taskmgr" exists then 
        ProcessClose("taskmgr.exe")  ; close the process called "taskmgr"
    EndIf                          
Wend

Func close() ; Start the function
    $pass = InputBox("Password", "Please enter the password!", "", "*") ; When Ctrl-Shift-X is pressed ask for password
    If $pass = $password Then                                           ; If the password is correct then
        Exit                                                            ; exit the program
    Else                                                                ; Else
        MsgBox(16, "Error", "There was an error with the password")     ; Give a Message Box with an error symbol
    EndIf                                                    
EndFunc

Secure

Edited by Secure_ICT

Disabling the task manager is not the solution cause after ta input of a correct

password, someone could delete the compiled script at C:\program files\myscript.exe

or delete the registry entries that autostart it.

So i want this program to run as a systems' program that cannot be terminated, I think it's the safest way...

Happy new year...!!!

• Moderators

Disabling the task manager is not the solution cause after ta input of a correct

password, someone could delete the compiled script at C:\program files\myscript.exe

or delete the registry entries that autostart it.

So i want this program to run as a systems' program that cannot be terminated, I think it's the safest way...

Happy new year...!!!

The credibility of an internet cafe with the above post is fading fast IMHO.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well, consider it as a small step to a more reliable beta security program.

I can gain access to any computer ,at the most internet cafes of my area, just by restarting and running taskmgr.exe.

I'm sure you can do it too.

That's what I'm tring to avoid here...