WOW script (lvling Lock picking)

Hello,

I was directed here by a fellow guildie. He kind of gave me a simple overview of what these scripts do... but I was cut off before he could tell me How!

Basically for those of you who are familiar with WOW, I have a lvl 60 Troll rogue and I never had the time to lvl lock picking. For those of you who have done this i am sure you know how boring and frustrating this can be.

My guild mate informed me that Autoit would make this process a breeze... but my questions is... how?

If any of you have any insight on this it would be greatly appreciated

!

Edited by Shackleford

Use the search function in the forum, and you should be able to find what you need. You will need to understand how to use AutoIt, but simply by reading the helpfile should explain the basics. Have you downloaded the AutoIT software yet?

Yes i DL the full version of Autoit from this site... but do not have a clue how to get started, is this help file part of the download? or if not could you direct me to it.

Thanks again guys i really appreicate the quick response!

Use the search function in the forum, and you should be able to find what you need. You will need to understand how to use AutoIt, but simply by reading the helpfile should explain the basics. Have you downloaded the AutoIT software yet?

Also, I just tried searching for anything related to my questions and All i can come up with is hundreds of unrelated topics... Any tips? Topis i have searched: Lock Picking, Warcraft Lock, WOW.

He said the forums will explain the "basics" nobody is going to have a sample all ready for you to download that you can simply run. You are going to have to LEARN the language and try things yourself (trial & error) then you can post what problems you may have and others on the forum will be glad to help. You must try to do this on your own before anyone will else will show you what you must do to get it working. Read through the help file and look for functions you think might be useful for whatever you are attempting to do ( i have never played WoW personally ) when you have a specific question post it here and one of us will answer.

Help File > In SciTe press the "F1" key to open the help file. Browse through the functions in the Index.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

He said the forums will explain the "basics" nobody is going to have a sample all ready for you to download that you can simply run. You are going to have to LEARN the language and try things yourself (trial & error) then you can post what problems you may have and others on the forum will be glad to help. You must try to do this on your own before anyone will else will show you what you must do to get it working. Read through the help file and look for functions you think might be useful for whatever you are attempting to do ( i have never played WoW personally ) when you have a specific question post it here and one of us will answer.

Help File > In SciTe press the "F1" key to open the help file. Browse through the functions in the Index.

Well I never asked for anyone to do the work for me... I was just asking to be pointed in the right directions. But thanks for the helpful videos...

Well I never asked for anyone to do the work for me...

I didn't mind to imply that you did, was simply stating where to look and that you should try to explain the process of WoW lock picking to those of us that have never played it and we could more easily direct you the right functions.

But thanks for the helpful videos...

Lol, I thought they were kinda funny. That guy has all kinds of pretty funny videos, I watched his "Generic Cereal" video yesterday... I agree with almost everything that guy says 100%. Like I said it was more of a joke because I have never played WoW and I HATE games that you have to continually pay for. I want to own my games, not lease/rent them.

- Dan [Website]

I don't know the game very well, but it you want to automate a task by mouse clicks a simple autoit command is MouseClick

Just search for that command and you can find how to use it.

Basically it simulates a mouse click for you in a coordinate you specify. You can combine a series of these to simulate you playing the game.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]BA-LA[/font]http://ba-la.110mb.comJoin my community, CLICK HEREAlternative links to my site:http://www.ba-la.tkhttp://www.ba-la.co.nrContact me if you would like to help with some of my projects: joeythepirate@gmail.com

Well if you haven't noticed this forum is a bit bot (unfriendly) however if you ask the right questions you can get the help you need. First thing you need to understand is practically no-one is not going to create a script for you, secondly asking about bots usually doesn't go over as well. But i'll help you out a bit.

It's been a few years since I played a rogue but i'm guessing lockpicking hasn't changed much, being that you need lockpicks in your bags, right click the picks or use a hotkey to activate them then target the chest to open. Now after doing a bit of research and i'm sure you can do a bit on your own i found out that their are lockpick training areas with locked boxes to practice on. This will be the basic outline of how your script is going to work. It's quick dirty but works.

1.) find an area with at least two boxes sitting close enough together you can get them both on your screen and interact with them without moving.

The next part is going to take some scripting on your part.

Set Mouse Position 1 to one of the boxes (read through forums on how to do this)

Set Mouse Position 2 to the other box (read through forums on how to do this)

Send Keypress (hotkey to your lockpicks)

Send Mouse Click Position 1

Sleep x ammount of seconds (max time it takes to lockpick)

Send Keypress (hotkey to your lockpicks)

Send Mouse Click Position 2

Rinse and Repeat through a Loop

This is dirty and you should do you right, obviously this isn't a real script but with asking questions (or using the search feature) you should be able to piece it together. Or you can contact me and we can work something out with me writing it for you :P

As a WOW player, the amount of time that you will invest in learning autoit (3-4 hours) and getting something working for WOW (1-2) hours is simply not worth the investment. By the time you had got the script working for any of the specific lockpicking lvling areas, you will have capped that area and have nothing left to bother automating. Unless you have a multitude of rogues that you need to lvl their lockpicking with, this would just not be worth the time. I realize this post is old, and you most likely have solved your issues with this, and am posting just in case someone searched on these forums for the same question.

• 8 months later...

In I just talk to Dro'shanji @ Andragil's house in north-central Bravil for Advanced security training or J'baana In the tent behind the Imperial Prison in the Imperial City for Master security training!

But it's not really worth spending all your Septims on that crap when you can just complete Nocturnals quest (must be level 10 or greater) to recieve the Skeleton Key.

Maybe i'm talking about Oblivion and not about WoW at all. Who knows. Maybe I just made all that up.