Sharing HotKeySet - Dependent on Active Window

Happy New Year!

Conditions for Desired Script:

1) Want to have a HotKeySet function differently depending on the active window.

2) If the active window is "Eudora", then Click Here

3) If the active window is "Eudora", and the HotKeySet is Pressed twice then Activate_ACT()

4) Would prefer that when HotKeySet is Pressed twice that the MouseClick would not activate first, but is this is impossible, no worries.

5) If any other window is active then Activate_ACT()

Thanks in advance, here is what I have so far.

HotKeySet("^1", "Select_ACT_NotesHistory")
While 1
Sleep (1000)
WEnd

Func Select_ACT_NotesHistory ()

If WinActive ("ACT") Then
        Send("+{F9}")
    ElseIf WinActive ("Eudora") Then
        If $Act_Counter > 1 Then 
            Activate_ACT()
        Else
            Opt ("MouseCoordMode", 0)
            $current_x_y = MouseGetPos ()       
            MouseClick ( "left", 30, 940)
            MouseMove ( $current_x_y [0], $current_x_y [1])
            $Act_Counter += 1       
        EndIf
    Else
        Activate_ACT()
    EndIf

$Act_Counter = 0
EndFunc

Func Activate_ACT()
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",1)
$title = WinGetTitle("")
WinWait("ACT!","")
If Not WinActive("ACT!","") Then WinActivate("ACT!","")
WinWaitActive("ACT!","")
EndFunc

3) If the active window is "Eudora", and the HotKeySet is Pressed twice then Activate_ACT()

4) Would prefer that when HotKeySet is Pressed twice that the MouseClick would not activate first, but is this is impossible, no worries.

Do you mean that when you press the hotkey twice in a row (rather than you press it once, it does one thing, every time you press it after than it does something else) you want it so that if you press it, it does one thing, and if you press it twice quickly (say within 2 seconds of each other) it does something else? You would have to reset the hotkey to a second function for a certain time (would have to use a timer to have it reset the hoetkey back to the original function after two seconds or so, so that it would just alternate between functions each time it was pressed if you understand what I mean?). Please verify this is what you want, and I will help you if you need help.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Do you mean that when you press the hotkey twice in a row (rather than you press it once, it does one thing, every time you press it after than it does something else) you want it so that if you press it, it does one thing, and if you press it twice quickly (say within 2 seconds of each other) it does something else? You would have to reset the hotkey to a second function for a certain time (would have to use a timer to have it reset the hoetkey back to the original function after two seconds or so, so that it would just alternate between functions each time it was pressed if you understand what I mean?). Please verify this is what you want, and I will help you if you need help.

That is correct, that is what I am looking for. I was thinking I could accomplish it by using a counter, it sounds like you are saying it must be done another way. I am all ears.

Thanks

Wrote example function for having a double hotkey:

Hotkeyset("{Esc}", "FirstFunc")
Global $HotKeyPresses = 0

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

;blah code here blah

Func FirstFunc()
    Global $HotKeyPresses = 1
    HotKeySet("{Esc}", "SecondFunc")
    Sleep(200)
    HotKeySet("{Esc}", "FirstFunc")
    If $HotKeyPresses = 1 Then

;Hotkey only pressed once do this <--- PUT CODE HERE

ElseIf $HotKeyPresses = 2 Then

;Hotkey pressed twice do this <--- PUT CODE HERE

EndIf
EndFunc

Func SecondFunc()
    Global $HotKeyPresses = 2
EndFunc

Wow, this is really neat... could prove useful to somebody else, I'll definately keep this function around. Hope this helps you out with what you want to do.

- Dan [Website]

Wrote example function for having a double hotkey:

Wow, this is really neat... could prove useful to somebody else, I'll definately keep this function around. Hope this helps you out with what you want to do.

Awesome! Thanks a ton. You're right it is really neat.

Here is my final modification to your code. I had to increase the sleep to allow time for the second press of the HotKey

Func Select_ACT_NotesHistory () ; If HotKey is pressed once then it goes to one-thing, if pressed twice in 1 second it does other-thing.
Global $HotKeyPresses = 1
HotKeySet("^1", "SecondFunc")
   Sleep(800)

If WinActive ("ACT") Then
        Send("+{F9}")
    ElseIf WinActive ("Eudora") Then
        If $HotKeyPresses = 1 Then ;Hotkey only pressed once do this <--- PUT CODE HERE
            Opt ("MouseCoordMode", 0)
            $current_x_y = MouseGetPos ()       
            MouseClick ( "left", 30, 940)
            MouseMove ( $current_x_y [0], $current_x_y [1])
        ElseIf $HotKeyPresses = 2 Then ;Hotkey pressed twice do this <--- PUT CODE HERE
            Activate_ACT()
        EndIf
    Else
        Activate_ACT()
     EndIf
EndFunc

Func SecondFunc()
    Global $HotKeyPresses = 2
EndFunc

;Hotkey only pressed once do this <--- PUT CODE HERE
Lol feel free to remove this looks kinda silly now that it's not just an example. I'm glad I could help you out, I've been quite bored with AutoIt for the last month with not ideas of what to do, so I've pretty much been browsing the forums and helping who I see needs help and seems worthy of help (some of these people don't deserve to own computers in my opinion...). Please feel free to PM me if you find anything else you need help with (that goes for anyone reading this), I always get really excited when I check my email and see "New Personal Message ( AutoIt Forums )". Well time to eat dinner, maybe play some Diablo and browser AutoIt forums. Of course I can't miss Walker Texas Ranger from 7:00 to 9:00. Chuck Norris is awesome (I'm not just saying this because of the recent group of people that are completely obsessed with him, I don't know what's up with that it's annoying as hell). I've liked Chuck Norris ever since I can remember watching TV for the first time. Although it was only like 6 months ago I was reading about him online and found out he is actually a black belt and really does know karate much better then the majority of other people, he won World Championships Middle-Weight I think 8 years undefeated (not facts just what I remember I don't remember exactly times he won and such). Anyways time for dinner.

- Dan [Website]