Date problem with GUICtrlCreateMonthCal

MePHiTiC

I'm using the following to grab a date from the GUI calendar:

$date = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal ( today(), 30, 132, 240, 190)

The $date is coming out as yyyy/mm/dd. I have two questions about this ...

1) how do I get the 4-digit year into a 2-digit format?

2) how can I get the 2-digit year as a variable, the month as a variable, and the day as a variable as I'll be using each part separately?

Thanks for the help!

MePH

I'm using the following to grab a date from the GUI calendar:

$date = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal ( today(), 30, 132, 240, 190)

The $date is coming out as yyyy/mm/dd. I have two questions about this ...

1) how do I get the 4-digit year into a 2-digit format?

2) how can I get the 2-digit year as a variable, the month as a variable, and the day as a variable as I'll be using each part separately?

Thanks for the help!

MePH

2nd first. StringSplit, separator is "/". Now for the first question: StringRight() on the array element that represents the year.

Cheers

Kut

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• 1 year later...

AWESOME Kut ... Both worked perfectly ... Thanks for the help!

MePH

I know this is a bit old, but I thought I'd add to it instead of making a new thread :)

I still don't get it. I read the helpfile, and I just don't see how to turn this into a string the split the string.

here is what I have:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
Global $Calendar, $date, $day, $month, $year, $string, $split

$Calendar = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal("@YEAR/@MON/@MDAY", 308, 16, 191, 148, BitOR($MCS_NOTODAY,$WS_BORDER), 0)
$date = GUICtrlRead($Calendar)
$String = String($date)
$Split = StringSplit($string, '/')
$day = StringRight($split, 2)
$month = StringMid($split, 6, 2)
$year = StringLeft($split, 4)

MSGBox(0, "Date", $month)

I'm not looking for an answer by any means, more so a "hey! idiot! did you try reading _____? or what the hell were you thinking when you wrote ____?"

:P just keepin the spirits up.

children may smile; the wise ponder- Dr. Holmes of Hardvard Medical School on an Ether BingeLove Makes The World Go Round?So does five shots of tequila. What's your point?[quote name='Valik' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']wraithdu, 24 hours. Said I have a bad attitude, just driving the point home with a ban.[/quote]This is classic. :)

StringSplit - if successful - returns an array.

You have to use array elements in your StringRight, StringMid ... statements ($split[1], $split[2] ...) and not $split (the array ID) as you have used.

So I'm guessing I didn't do stringsplit right? Or what's my problem here, because even the arrays didn't work.

children may smile; the wise ponder- Dr. Holmes of Hardvard Medical School on an Ether BingeLove Makes The World Go Round?So does five shots of tequila. What's your point?[quote name='Valik' date='Jun 5 2008, 05:13 PM']wraithdu, 24 hours. Said I have a bad attitude, just driving the point home with a ban.[/quote]This is classic. :)

The problem(s): you're doing a StringLeft ... after StringSplit (after the string was splitted in components) ... and ... your code is kinda messed up ...

Here is how it should work:

#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 226, 204, 193, 125)
$MonthCal1 = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal("2008/06/30", 16, 16, 193, 169)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $MonthCal1
            $String = GUICtrlRead($MonthCal1)
            $day = $split[3]
            $month = $split[2]
            $year = $split[1]
            MSGBox(0, "Date", $month)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

• 2 months later...

enaiman, your calendar control or wrapper, or whatever it might be called, is fabulous! I've been looking for something like this for years! Thanks.

I've run into 2 snags that I can't seem to get myself out of.

1. I can't figure out how to make my additional date entry work, the one that adds a day of the week. I've added the custom variable code to get the week day in the format needed, I just don't know how to, what would one call it, activate it, or whatever.

2. This one is stupid, I'm sure. A close button I added doesn't work and I don't have enough GUI experience yet to figure out why.

Here's my variation of the above:

;#include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
;#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>    ; not needed since I extracted $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE syntax, etc., below from the appropriate UDF
;#include <WindowsConstants.au3>    ; not needed since I extracted $WS_EX_TOPMOST syntax, etc., below from the appropriate UDF
#NoTrayIcon     ; AutoIt's icon doesn't show in systray
TraySetIcon("Shell32.dll", 276)     ; changes the icon displayed in the systray

;----- Today's date code: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include<Date.au3>
$Today = _Now()
$ShortDayMyFormat = StringMid("Sn,Mn,Tu,Wd,Th,Fr,Sa", StringInStr("SunMonTueWedThuFriSat", _DateDayOfWeek(@WDAY,1) ), 2)
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;=========================================================================
Global Const $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE = -3     ; by using this constant, could leave out reference to "#include <GUIConstants.au3>", which in turn referenced this variable, with this exact value, from "GUIConstantsEx.au3"
Global Const $WS_EX_TOPMOST    = 0x00000008     ;   put this in so that no need to have UDF present when compiling
$Form1 = GUICreate("Date Picker", 225, 230, 750, 125, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)     ; width, height, left, top, "-1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST" makes GUI topmost
$MonthCal1 = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal($Today, 16, 16, 193, 169)     ; left, top, width, height
GUISetIcon("Shell32.dll", 276)     ; this changes icon in upper left-hand corner to your chosen one
;----------------------------------------------------------
$Info = GUICtrlCreateLabel("?", 25, 200, 15, 15)     ; left, top, width, height
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Find and choose any date and click on it." & @CRLF & "It will then be sent to the clipboard.")     ; label tooltip
$Close = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 160, 195, 50, 25, 0)     ; left, top, width, height
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Close")
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Close and exit.")     ; button tooltip     ; button tooltip
; ----------------------
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $MonthCal1
            $day = $split[3]
            $month = $split[2]
            $year = $split[1]
            ;MSGBox(0, "Date", $month)
            ClipPut($year & "." & $month & "." & $day & "." & $ShortDayMyFormat)
            Sleep(100)
            Beep(1000,50)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func Close()
    Exit     ; finished
EndFunc  ;==>close

(Pls, pls ignore the idiosyncratic way I have with the UDFs, thanks!)

Cheers. ;)

Edited by Diana (Cda)

@Diana (Cda)

The exit problem is solved by removing the OnEventMode function call - you have combined the 2 styles in your script and it didn't work (I've removed that function call and added the correct entry).

Your first issue: I'm afraid I don't understand what do you mean???

#NoTrayIcon     ; AutoIt's icon doesn't show in systray
TraySetIcon("Shell32.dll", 276)     ; changes the icon displayed in the systray

;----- Today's date code: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
#include<Date.au3>
$Today = _Now()
$ShortDayMyFormat = StringMid("Sn,Mn,Tu,Wd,Th,Fr,Sa", StringInStr("SunMonTueWedThuFriSat", _DateDayOfWeek(@WDAY,1) ), 2)
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Global Const $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE = -3     ; by using this constant, could leave out reference to "#include <GUIConstants.au3>", which in turn referenced this variable, with this exact value, from "GUIConstantsEx.au3"
Global Const $WS_EX_TOPMOST    = 0x00000008     ;   put this in so that no need to have UDF present when compiling
$Form1 = GUICreate("Date Picker", 225, 230, 750, 125, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)     ; width, height, left, top, "-1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST" makes GUI topmost
$MonthCal1 = GUICtrlCreateMonthCal($Today, 16, 16, 193, 169)     ; left, top, width, height
GUISetIcon("Shell32.dll", 276)     ; this changes icon in upper left-hand corner to your chosen one
$Info = GUICtrlCreateLabel("?", 25, 200, 15, 15)     ; left, top, width, height
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Find and choose any date and click on it." & @CRLF & "It will then be sent to the clipboard.")     ; label tooltip
$Close = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 160, 195, 50, 25, 0)     ; left, top, width, height
;GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "Close") - THIS is used only for OnEventMode - in this form of script it doesn't work
GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "Close and exit.")     ; button tooltip     ; button tooltip
; ----------------------
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $MonthCal1
            $day = $split[3]
            $month = $split[2]
            $year = $split[1]
            ;MSGBox(0, "Date", $month)
            ClipPut($year & "." & $month & "." & $day & "." & $ShortDayMyFormat)
            Sleep(100)
            Beep(1000,50)
        Case $Close             ;replaces the Close function call (wrongly used in OnEventMode)
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by enaiman

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)