What about "print"

Guest bwgolling

Guest bwgolling

I have just started with Autoit3 and I think I really like it.

I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to learn enough Perl, Python and even Ruby so that I could automate a lot of my computing, and I was pleasantly surprised when I realized Autoit could just connect with and control windows by my telling it to.

The biggest problem I am having with Autoit is the lack of documentation ( I am not a good enough coder to just sit down and hack out the code). Say what you will about Perl, it is thoroughly documented. So while looking for a toot or something like it, I noticed the lack of the usually omnipresent "Hello World" program. And then I noticed that there is no "print" statement. I mentioned how badly I code, so how will I ever debug my progs without print?

Or did I just stupidly miss the thing.

Bruce

btw I did try to RTFM

Lack of documentation? Hah. You don't know how nice AutoIt's documentation is until you use something else that doesn't have such thorough documentation.

Anyway, MsgBox, TrayTip (Windows 2000/XP or later) or ToolTip can all be used for on-screen debugging. FileWrite can be used write to a log file.