limits: length of script

I have a related question. Do the max characters per line only count as a line in the source, or will lines joined together with the underscore character be added together for a cumulative total of 4095?

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I have a related question.  Do the max characters per line only count as a line in the source, or will lines joined together with the underscore character be added together for a cumulative total of 4095?

It wouldn't be too hard to check :ph34r: It's 4095 characters between carriageReturns/LineFeeds.

Incidentally, the limit on a string is 2,147,483,647 characters... and your script could contain a long literal string if you used the underscore-continutation.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Incidentally, the limit on a string is 2,147,483,647 characters... and your script could contain a long literal string if you used the underscore-continutation.

To reach that limit, you would need a source file that was at least 2 gig in uncompressed ASCII size. Just think of how long that would take to compile :ph34r: Oh, and you'd also need over 524,416 lines, all appended onto the previous line.

Now we just need someone with several gig of RAM and a fast processor to try it out :(

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• Administrators

I have a related question.  Do the max characters per line only count as a line in the source, or will lines joined together with the underscore character be added together for a cumulative total of 4095?

Underscored lines are merged and the final merged lined is subject to the limit IIRC.