Help Please!

Hello, im new to autoit and I wanted to start off with something small.

I have this little program on my computer that pops up with a "Buy it now" popup.

It's not a real popup, its like a little box that just pops up in the exe.

I want autoit to scan for the window, then close it.

WinWaitActive()

I figured that statement would wait for the window to become active.

but how do i close it, and how do i do a loop properly?

yes im a newb... flame away =D

Thank you all for viewing, and especally thanks to the people who try to help!

First, please be more descriptive in your title.

Second, use the AutoIt Window Info Tool to find out the real title of the window (sometimes has leading spaces) and the control names. Then you can use something like ControlClick("Window Title", "", "Button1") to close the pop-up after you use the WinWait("WindowTitle") to look for the window.

<edit>

However, the best thing to do would be to use AdAware and/or SpyBot S&D to search for whatever malware/crimeware/spyware is on your computer making the pop-up in the first place.

Edited by SerialKiller

First, please be more descriptive in your title.

Second, use the AutoIt Window Info Tool to find out the real title of the window (sometimes has leading spaces) and the control names. Then you can use something like ControlClick("Window Title", "", "Button1") to close the pop-up after you use the WinWait("WindowTitle") to look for the window.

<edit>

However, the best thing to do would be to use AdAware and/or SpyBot S&D to search for whatever malware/crimeware/spyware is on your computer making the pop-up in the first place.

Thanks.

It's not spyware or malware.

Its just some program im useing as a trial verson and it pops up asking me to buy it like every 5 minutes.

Problem is, when it pops up, the program stops working untill I close it. And usualyl when i run the program im not at the computer.

I know how to control click, but the "X" button at the top right does not have a control name..

So what would I do in this situation?

When it becomes active, kill it with WinKill().

Infinity is a floorless room without walls or ceiling.Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

no, it means it will wait until it is actually active. Change the WinWaitActive to WinWait if you need it to work when not selected.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Maybe this will help you:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
$WinTitle = "Buy Now!" ;change this to the title of the window
While 1
   If WinExists($WinTitle) Then
       Do 
         WinKill($WinTitle) 
       Until Not WinExists($WinTitle)
   EndIf
Wend

Ok, i understand all of that except for the very very first line you have there.

Whats "Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)" do???

The Mode 2 of that option says that it will match any substring in the title. So if the title has trailing spaces or weird characters before or after it, it will still recognize the window.

Infinity is a floorless room without walls or ceiling.Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

The Mode 2 of that option says that it will match any substring in the title. So if the title has trailing spaces or weird characters before or after it, it will still recognize the window.

Ok, I took out the option because both of my titles are close.

Title of the popup

Title: Online Hold'em Inspector

Title of the actual program i need.

Title: Online Hold'em Inspector 2.33d4

Even when I take out the option, It closes both programs.

Why is that?

Use the Autoit Window Information tool to get some text from the pop-up you want to kill.

What code would I use to kill it then???

$WinTitle = "Online Hold'em Inspector"

While 1

If WinExists($WinTitle) Then

Do

WinActivate($WinTitle)

WinKill($WinTitle)

Until Not WinExists($WinTitle)

EndIf

Wend

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

Buy Now (web)

evaluate

Party Poker

Coral Poker

UltimateBet

Poker Stars

Gaming Club

Royal Vegas

Empire Poker

Full Tilt Poker

PokerRoom

Eurobet Poker

Paradise Poker

Absolute Poker

WPEX

7 Sultans Poker

Ladbrokes Poker

Hollywood Poker

(29 days left)

InterPoker

Littlewoods Poker

William Hill Poker

Unibet Poker

Bet365 Poker

River Belle Poker

Intertops Poker

BetHoldem

Crazy Poker

Poker Plex

Sun Poker

Edited by DarkCloud

$WinTitle = "Online Hold'em Inspector"
While 1
If WinExists($WinTitle, "Buy Now") Then
Do
WinKill($WinTitle,"Buy Now")
Until Not WinExists($WinTitle,"Buy Now")
EndIf
Wend