Hmm help me get back on my feet lol...

Hi guys, so yea..i need help getting back on my feet. I usto do a little bit of coding for a game called diablo but then i quit and i kinda forgot everything and ive decided that i wanted to start coding in autoit again but i cant remember anything. so i was wondering if you guys could help me. My idea was to make a Msn auto reply bot that like idles until someones messages you and then it will send a message of your choice back to them. and i was thinking since some people like me that have a ton of people that talk to them instead of having like 20 windows open, i would like to make it so that the auto reply bot after it sends the message waits for about 30 seconds and then closes the window but before it closes the window i would want it to copy and paste the text that was exchanged and put it in a note pad and label it and what not. This is just an idea i was kind of hoping someone would be nice enough to help me develop my idea and tell me if this would work or not and if they could point me in the right direction of how to start coding this that would be great :P. well anyways thank you guys for your time

Ouch, you forgot where your space key is to..:P

I tell you what. You are born about 50years to early. A tad later and your supposed to be able to take a snapshot of your brain and reload it at a later point. Would not that be just handy dandy?

Ouch, you forgot where your space key is to.. :P

I tell you what. You are born about 50years to early. A tad later and your supposed to be able to take a snapshot of your brain and reload it at a later point. Would not that be just handy dandy?

basically he is saying that no one would take his or her time to do that.an idea is just an idea but no one would actually write the script for you or help you with that , you have to be more specific.

ok im sorry ill be a bit more specific. What i need help with first is, i dont know which function i should use to get it to know when some one sends me an instant message...i was thinking of having it do a pixel search for the yellow that pops up in the tool bar but thats kinda stupid i know there is a better way. My friend was saying something about controlgettext but ive never used that before. oh and i wasnt asking for anyone to write it for me i wanna do it by myself. i just need to be pointed in the right direction

You could use WinExists. IE...

CODE
$savedmessages=FileOpen("C:\msnmessages",1)

While 1

Sleep (100)

If WinExists("Conversation-") Then

Sleep(1800);wait 30 secs

$text=WinGetText("Conversation-");read text

ControlSetText("Conversation-",,PUTCONTROLIDHERE,"Wow, that's interesting");send answer

ControlSend("Conversation-",,PUTCONTROLIDHERE,"{ENTER}");send answer

WinClose("Conversation-");close conversation

FileWriteLine($savedmessages,$text);save text

EndIf

WEnd

Obviously, this is just a framework, and I haven't tested it, but it might get you started.

I would have told you I have Alzheimer's, but I forgot.My Splendid-Tastic Blog

Please help us to help you. The help you seek depends how much you knew in the first place. The helpfile would be a good place to start as it has many good quality examples. You need to start from a clearly defined beginning and to choose what your goal is, once you know what you would like to achieve you can find the best way ( which usually doesn't start as the best way because as you get better you will find more efficient ways ) to do what you want to do.

State your objective simply:

1. Make script to alert me of incoming msg's from "x" client.

You really need to give specific details, if you don't have specifics you need to think more as to what you want to accomplish. :P

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

Just as an add-on, you may want to create an input and GUI so you can easily change what you want to without having to recode the script all over again. :P

Edited by BALA
[font="Comic Sans MS"]BA-LA[/font]http://ba-la.110mb.comJoin my community, CLICK HEREAlternative links to my site:http://www.ba-la.tkhttp://www.ba-la.co.nrContact me if you would like to help with some of my projects: joeythepirate@gmail.com