Re-showing a pic without blinking

Nanaki

Hi,

I currently have an app that contains a Picture and a Label on top of it (it puts some text on top of the picture). However, in some situations (like very early in a windows installation) that pic and label won't appear on the screen (just an empty GUI-window).

Anyway, what I have now, to prevent this, is this:

GUICtrlSetState($pic, $GUI_SHOW)
GUICtrlSetState($label, $GUI_SHOW)

I've put this code in the while-loop for the gui. It works, but it also makes the pic "blink" when it's already visible.

Is there a way to reshow gui-elements without making them blink?

Thanks in advance if so. :P

Hi,

I currently have an app that contains a Picture and a Label on top of it (it puts some text on top of the picture). However, in some situations (like very early in a windows installation) that pic and label won't appear on the screen (just an empty GUI-window).

Anyway, what I have now, to prevent this, is this:

GUICtrlSetState($pic, $GUI_SHOW)
GUICtrlSetState($label, $GUI_SHOW)

I've put this code in the while-loop for the gui. It works, but it also makes the pic "blink" when it's already visible.

Is there a way to reshow gui-elements without making them blink?

Thanks in advance if so. :P

might try a condition using GUICtrlGetState see if it is showing already.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

That's the problem: it returns the value $GUI_SHOW (I never said in the code to hide it). In normal conditions the picture and label show, and in the not-so-normal conditions AutoIT "thinks" it's showing it.

Thanks for the reply though. :P

Edited by Nanaki

The window still blinks after using @SW_UNLOCK. :P

But I couldn't use it anyway, since I'm using an older version of AutoIT (a test version of 3.1), the latest (which I just tested LOCK and UNLOCK on) doesn't seem to make the label transparent and makes the compiled .exe over 200kB, which exceeds the limit for my purposes (floppy power!).

Thanks though.