Maths functions

Jon

• Administrators

Ok, so I've been compiling under VC6 for a while and I just checked it was still ok under VC7. 200KB exe! (102KB compressed). Take the recent maths functions out and it drops back to 166KB/79KB.

Am I missing an option somewhere? "Don't use sucky huge maths libraries"??

40KB for those functions is a ridiculous waste :whistle:

Ok, so I've been compiling under VC6 for a while and I just checked it was still ok under VC7.  200KB exe! (102KB compressed). Take the recent maths functions out and it drops back to 166KB/79KB.

Am I missing an option somewhere?  "Don't use sucky huge maths libraries"??

40KB for those functions is a ridiculous waste :whistle:

Why not load them at run-time from msvcrt.dll?

By the way, you'd love the size of my DLL-supported version. It's ~60 kb compressed. For some reason, it's eliminating 3 unreferenced libraries which it just started doing on it's own (That option has been set since I unpacked the source, but it's only just now starting to remove these references after I've built the thing 20 times with it being "normal" size). I barely even touch AutoIt's code, I added most of my stuff in a static library because both AutoIt and DLL's need to link against it. The only settings I changed were to set up the dependancy on that library. This is with VS .NET 2003, by the way.

• Administrators

Just found a freeware replacement maths library that has most of the functions we need and add no size at all to the exe (most of the functions are in asm! as it was written specifically for doing sub 64KB demos).

It's says it's free to use (not even GPLed) but I'm also writing to the author to ask how he wants to be credited.