Wow 2.0.3 autologging question

melf

Ive looked over every tread on this forum about auto logging in world of warcraft but havent been able to find the answer i was looking for.

Has of the new patch when you strat wow it takes a while before the interface shows up so i scripted :

Run("wow.exe")
WinWaitActive("World of Warcraft") 
Sleep(2000)
WinWaitActive("World of Warcraft", "Account Name", 5)
$prenom = IniRead("info.ini", "Compte", "Info", "")
$nom = IniRead("info.ini", "Pass", "Info", "")
Send($prenom)
Send("{TAB}") 
Send($nom)
Send("{ENTER}")

but afterwards if theres a queue for logging in my character ( has shown below..)

Posted Image

how do i tell the script to wait for the character choice screen to appear before typing the ENTER key? i taught of telling the script to wait and read the "Select a Character" text in the screen like so

WinWaitActive("World of Warcraft", "Select a Character", 5)
Send("{ENTER}")

but it somehow type's in enter anyway after 5 seconds character loading screen or not :/

Is there a way to tell my script to hold the enter until a specific line of text shows in the screen?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by melf

Damn, i accidently deleted my post here that would've helped you..

well to be quik you can make your code, that it will respond on the space button.

i mean, it will activate and start sending the things when you have pressed the space button.

;;  Includes    -   you will need the following include
#Include <Misc.au3>

;;  A loop is needed for constantly checking...
while 1
    ;;  An IF function triggers your program and
    ;;  waits until the space button is pressed
    ;;  (note: the "20" is the space button hex code
    if _IsPressed("20") Then
        ;;  Place YOUR code here!
        ;;  example: Send("MyUsername, password etc...")
    EndIf
WEnd

A very easy code, you'll need to edit some information, but this is the way so you can understand

what i mean. Also, comments are placed on the right position to give you extra help.

hope i helped,

- me

Edited by Immense

if i press the space button?

hmm most have misphrased my request..i want the script to press enter when it gets to the character selection screen..in other words i want it to do ENTER the moment the character screen pops without me having to be physicaly pressing anything.

i just want to make a script to automatically log me back in if i disconnect and have to queue to get back in without me having to wait in front of my computer for the character screen to pop when i finally get access...cause if i leave my pc while in queue and my time comes and i dont press enter i get disconnected again and have to do the hole waiting thing again :/

Edited by melf

if i press the space button?

hmm most have misphrased my request..i want the script to press enter when it gets to the character selection screen..in other words i want it to do ENTER the moment the character screen pops.

oh i see, but if you want it to wait until a certain text comes up won't work.

because, Blizzard probably uses a special code to disable mouse clicking on a text. so you can't copy-paste that line of text. if im right, autoit cannot recognize the text you want to find.

i never have played the game, so i'm not sure. :)

that's all i can help, i think. searching for text isn't something fun to do.

- me

Possibly do a pixel color check where the button appears, give it a second for it to show up for queue after loggin in, then looking for that color, if its not there you're prolly at char select screen.

This was my thought, 2 or more pixelsearches on areas of the character selection screen is somethign you could check against and have the script pause until those conditions are met.