XP Remote Assistance Request

I'm trying to create a program that will e-mail me (or my co-worker) when a person runs it. The only information I need from the end-user is who to e-mail (or both). The problem is creating the request. I have a GUI put together to let the end-user select which support person to send the request to, but the system Microsoft put in place for sending remote assistance requests is ... inconvenient.

It starts in a sort of bastardized Internet Explorer, which is the first obstacle, since I've never automated anything in IE (I'm sure I could learn, but I'm not sure if the _IE functions will work in the Remote Assistance Request window). I may be able to figure out how to do it with a series of Send()'s, but I hate doing that. It always seems very messy and inefficient, and sometimes doesn't work if they have extra toolbars or whatever installed.

I've done some searches on here (by the way, the search is rather inconvenient because for each term, you have to prepend a plus sign in order for it to search for multiple terms in each post... removing the plus sign requirement would help), but I can't find anything useful. The closest was a post from a few years ago where someone mostly accomplished what I seek, but used the Send()'s, and it doesn't work on my computer now (I don't know why, but thought I'd ask if there was a simpler / better way before I tried to troubleshoot it much). Any help would be appreciated.

I have used bmail in the past. It's a command line SMTP mailer. _INetSmtpMail() wasn't working for me, and using the CDO.Message object wasn't either because it would run on a Win 98 computer.

Here's the website: http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/cmdli...cmdlinemail.htm

Edited by Manadar