Strange: Size of compiled scrips varies

Hello, (oh my third question today, record for me).

I was just wondering why I allways get different filesizes if I compile my Script (without changing anything in the source.). Is this normal?

Reason why this is interessting for me: I wanted to have function in my compiled script that checkes the filesize of itsself to find out, if it is messed up or has a virus or something else that changes the filesize. But if I compile my script I allways get different filesizes of the compiled file; I would understand that if I had allways changed something but I did not, I compiled the same script all the time without changes, but the filesize of the compiled exe allways differs. (Just a few byte, but with this behavier I can´t write my very simple integrity check). :ph34r:

Ideas?

commenti

I can verify that the compiled executable does change, at least in content. I took a script that stayed the same durring all of my tests, and compiled it 5 times. Between each compile, I ran an MD5 checksum, and each one turned out different.

I suspect that the date, time, or other piece of information related to when the script was compiled is included somewhere in the exe.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

• Administrators

It's part of the encryption - internal structures are never the same size or in the same place just to make decompiling a little more difficult.

Edited by Jon

Hello,

thank you all for your answers. Now, that I know that this is normal and why it is like that (security reasason:decompiling), its o.k.

My small check, if the compiled file is not changed in size by a virus or something else, I´ll try to code then in another way (Checking with @compiled if script is compiled, if yes checking filesize and writing to reg. If registryentry allready exist comparing with that. I think this could work).

Now something short OT: I see a lot people have some funny sentences under their names like "Chain soda drinker" or "AutoIt inside your had" or simmilar things. How can I set these in my forum-profile?

commenti

• Administrators

Now something short OT: I see a lot  people have some funny sentences under their names like "Chain soda drinker" or "AutoIt inside your had" or simmilar things. How can I set these in my forum-profile?

commenti

You need to get 300 posts first :ph34r:

Thank you for the answer Jon.

300 posts? Oh that can take a while. Perhaps I should write an AutoIT Script that posts something random for me, so I could have 300 posts very fast :ph34r:

No, no fear :( I won´t do that. Lets see how long it takes to get to 300 "hand made normal usefull" posts.

commenti