Open IE to a specific page, or RUN a Shortcut?

Hi, I want to go to a specific site, then goto another website and then to go back to the previous page, so I have the following :- ( I do not want to go back by using Send("!{LEFT}") because I want to understand how to use the "back" function.

The script below did not go back to the previous page. What have I missed?

Thanks

#include <IE.au3>

$first = _IECreate("http://www.autoitscript.com")

WinWaitActive ("AutoIt Script Home Page - Windows Internet Explorer")

_IENavigate ($first, "www.singnet.com.sg")

WinWaitActive ("SingTel.com - Consumer - Internet - User ID: - Login as at: - Windows Internet Explorer")

$second = ("www.singnet.com.sg")

_IEAction ($second, "back")

Unless I misunderstand, this is all you want:

#include <IE.au3>
_IENavigate($first, "www.singnet.com.sg")
_IEAction($first, "back")

Note taht _IECreate and _IENavigate both wait for page loads to complete by default.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Unless I misunderstand, this is all you want:

#include <IE.au3>
_IENavigate($first, "www.singnet.com.sg")
_IEAction($first, "back")

Note taht _IECreate and _IENavigate both wait for page loads to complete by default.

Dale

ok, Thanks a lot DaleHohm.

• 6 months later...

Because that is the default action in your PC... Very simple.. :)

I am new to AutoIT. Have been looking around this forum and the example and saw that to use AutoIT IE need to first create the IE site _IECreate. Is there a way to just go to an opened page without creating new IE instance?

I need to capture information in a page that is already opened by a user (user pass certain information to get to the page) and the user will press a button in a AutoIt GUI form and the data will be transferred locally and some processing is done locally.

Can anyone show me the light!!!!

Thanks.

I am new to AutoIT. Have been looking around this forum and the example and saw that to use AutoIT IE need to first create the IE site _IECreate. Is there a way to just go to an opened page without creating new IE instance?

I need to capture information in a page that is already opened by a user (user pass certain information to get to the page) and the user will press a button in a AutoIt GUI form and the data will be transferred locally and some processing is done locally.

Can anyone show me the light!!!!

Thanks.

Also, have done similar thing in VB6 and the AppActivate was used to capture information from a Mozilla page.

The IE function in AutoIT is more flexible and accurate in that I can go to certain controls on a page. But how do I get to the page without opening a new page. If I use WinWaitActive can I assign it as an IE element.

Thanks.

See _IEAttach

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

See _IEAttach

Dale

Thanks.

Tried it

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IEAttach ("Update Personal Detail", "text") ; this resides in a right frame under asp.

MsgBox(0, "The URL", _IEPropertyGet ($oIE, "locationurl"))

Error -

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEPropertyGet, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

Is it because the control is in another frame. When _IEAttach "text" which page does it look at?

In my application there are 2 frames.

2ndly:

I am trying to create a GUI that will overlay on top of an application that I call from shell, run

Run("C:\Program Files\CounterPath\X-Lite\x-lite.exe -dial=sip:101@192.168.1.17")

I need to run my AutoIT scripts to press the record button but does not want the user to be able to press other buttons. Can this be done? "Hollow Form - Shaped forms! I know GUI can be transparent"

My faithful VB6 is able to do it! How do I open GUI form at certain coordinates X,Y? WinGetPos give me the coordinates but I want to put it in a certain coordinates.

I am opting for AutoIT to do most of my automation job real soon, once I know it.

Thanks.

I'll only address the _IEAttach question. You have lots of other choices besides "text" mode. "text" looks at the text rendering of the top-level document -- in your case a frameset. Just a bad choide - figure out how to use one of the other modes.

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

hey! i am new to autoit. i have SciTE4AutoIt3 Version 1.71.

I am trying to create a script that first opens a msgbox and asks if you want to run it, if no, the app will close, if yes, it will ask for a password, if incorrect password is given, then it will say "access denied" and return to password. if correct password is given, then it will open another msgbox which will contain text saying to "enter url here:" and under it will be a text box, an "ok" button and cancel button. i don't know how to get that kind of message box.

Func _GoogleSearch($sString)
    $sString = StringReplace($sString, " ", "+")
    ShellExecute("http://www.projectplaylist.com/results.php?site=" & $sString) 
EndFunc

here is the code that i have, but it's defective. is there anyway to create a code where you enter the url in the previous msgbox and that url is then substituted in place of "$sString". this url is not for Google so I need to change that too but don't know how. Can you help me out please?

here is the code that i have created for the first part. i don't know how to combine them...

$answer = MsgBox(4, "URL Opener", "Do you want to open this app?")
If $answer = 7 Then
    MsgBox(4096, "URL Opener", "Thank you. Bye")
    Exit
EndIf
$bLoop = 1
While $bLoop = 1
    $text = InputBox("URL Opener", "Please type in your password:")
    If @error = 1 Then
        MsgBox(4096, "URL Opener", "Please type in a valid password")
    Else

If $text <> "pass123" Then
            MsgBox(4096, "URL Opener", "ACCESS DENIED")
        Else
            $bLoop = 0
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd
MsgBox(4096,"URL Opener", "ACCESS GRANTED")

Exit